• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D Cache Eight Core 4.5GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail - Go Go Go xD

Is there any benefit to me using KomboStrike ?
CPU was installed yesterday, temps are bang on what they should be... around 40c idle, 77c max load cinebench, 60c max when gaming on GTA5

MSI afterburner and NZXT shows the boost going to 4450Mhz

Is there any benefit to me using KomboStrike ?
CPU was installed yesterday, temps are bang on what they should be... around 40c idle, 77c max load cinebench, 60c max when gaming on GTA5

MSI afterburner and NZXT shows the boost going to 4450Mhz

It reduces power usage, lowers temps, increase benchmark score

I do it more for lowering power and temp further , if you happy leave it but I can't resist to squeeze more out of it just gives satisfaction to me

Last edited:
It reduces power usage, lowers temps, increase benchmark score

I do it more for lowering power and temp further

OK just set mine to Kombo Strike 3
Idle temps are about the same, under full load - about the same temps too.

Only difference I can see, if I run a cinebench test rather than the cores going to 4.2ghz, they all go to 4.45ghz ( according to ryzen master )

Last edited:
OK just set mine to Kombo Strike 3
Idle temps are about the same, under full load - about the same temps too.

Only difference I can see, if I run a cinebench test rather than the cores going to 4.2ghz, they all go to 4.45ghz ( according to ryzen master )

Are you sure all cores are -30 , because on my board MSI x570 unify kombo strike doesn't do anything, I have to go to another setting pbo and set all cores to negative 30

You can download program called pbo tuner to confirm if all are set -30

It dropped like 15w , 8c for me

Last edited:
Are you sure all cores are -30 , because on my board MSI x570 unify kombo strike doesn't do anything, I have to go to another setting pbo and set all cores to negative 30

You can download program called pbo tuner to confirm if all are set -30

I'll have a look at that, thanks.

Must have done something because before each core would be 4.2ghz and now they are 4.45 under full load

Cinebench Score is 14257 . Liquid temps reach 35c and CPU reaches 80c max.. This is with fans turned right the way down and the pump down so they are all completely silent, even when stress testing

Last edited:
Seemed to have a few random spikes today. PC was idle earlier and saw it go to 70c, then dropped down to the usual 40c as soon as I logged back in.

and it happened again whilst gaming.. the CPU went to 80c which is the highest I have ever seen it except on a stress test. It then dropped back down to the normal range of about 50c whilst gaming
So I looked at Ryzen master, and saw where it had spiked the temp -- and simultaneously ( at the same time )the CPU usage was at 100% for a few seconds and was running all 8 cores at 4450mhz
any ideas ?

As you can see here, around the time of gaming it jumped up to 77C and had a full load for a couple of seconds then settled again
sstemp.jpg

I'd assume that because the temps increased with usage, rather than them increasing whilst usage stayed the same -- that it's alright ?

Last edited:
Seriously, don't worry about it.

As long as your temps are under 90 when running something like Cinebench then you're fine.

Gaming won't stress your CPU cores like Cinebench will so if temps are ok with that then stop monitoring and enjoy using your system.

Yeah I realise I was being a bit over the top there. So far so good with the CPU.
Glad I bought it over a 5800x for example as in Starfield the X3D outperforms it ( according to benchmarks found on this forum )

finally ordered mine! accidently purchased a 6900xt a couple of weeks ago so that reduced the funds a little...
any particular software i should be running? currently on a 3700x and using ryzen master and process lasso. just want to make sure there are no conflicts going on when i install.

finally ordered mine! accidently purchased a 6900xt a couple of weeks ago so that reduced the funds a little...
any particular software i should be running? currently on a 3700x and using ryzen master and process lasso. just want to make sure there are no conflicts going on when i install.

Bios update and depending on motherboard see if you can offset each core to -30 for extra performance.
Get cinebench, run a multi core stress test and make sure all cores are running about 4.45ghz

If you have an MSI board just set Kombo Strike 3, check all cores are running at 4450Mhz as above and away you go :D

If you have an MSI board just set Kombo Strike 3, check all cores are running at 4450Mhz as above and away you go :D
I have an MSI board, Kombo Strike 3 caused a hard system power down playing Warzone 2.

Not for me, stock settings have been working wonderfully now for almost a year, no crashes. Yes, I also tried manual PBO and many other options

Back
Top Bottom