• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D Cache Eight Core 4.5GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail - Go Go Go xD

Any ideas if there are any plans to halt production of these? Am looking at one for £260 that I can buy with klarna and I'm getting an itchy trigger finger

So been messing around and got all Cores in at -30 but what are people setting their limits to? I have been running 95 PPT 60 TDC and 90 EDC but wondering if I should consider putting those values higher.

So been messing around and got all Cores in at -30 but what are people setting their limits to? I have been running 95 PPT 60 TDC and 90 EDC but wondering if I should consider putting those values higher.
Are you hitting 4450mhz on cores with those setting? If so your fine I guess. You got try raising them a bit a then running Cinnebench to see how if it improves you score. If not just leave them as they are now.

Ive not played with mine yet. So far I've just enabled kombo strike 3 (apparently same as -30 on all cores) and its been solid. I'll have a play with power limits at the weekend.

I've settled with kombo strike 3 ( -30 all cores), I played around with PPT, TDC and EDC all it did was lower cinebench scores no matter what I did so gave up on that , happy with the improvements with just Kombo 3

Last edited:
Are you hitting 4450mhz on cores with those setting? If so your fine I guess. You got try raising them a bit a then running Cinnebench to see how if it improves you score. If not just leave them as they are now.

Ive not played with mine yet. So far I've just enabled kombo strike 3 (apparently same as -30 on all cores) and its been solid. I'll have a play with power limits at the weekend.

I've settled on -30 all cores and then 122 - 82 - 124 and I do hit 4450mhz.

Big warmer than I was before but I don't have the best cooler for the job either.

What scores should I be reaching on CBR23 as I was getting 14k before.

I've settled on -30 all cores and then 122 - 82 - 124 and I do hit 4450mhz.

Big warmer than I was before but I don't have the best cooler for the job either.

What scores should I be reaching on CBR23 as I was getting 14k before.
Not sure, Just with -30 I'm getting max temp of 69C 4450Mhz and CBR23 score of 15,006 multicore.

What ram speeds and timings etc. With Kombo Strike 3, power limits left on auto, all cores running at 4450mhz and ram running at 3600mhz, cl6 I'm getting ~14250 in r23

Background tasks running can make big difference, I can go from 14xxx to 15xxx just by closing stuff running in the background

All I changed was kombo to 3 rest auto, 3600mhz cl16 , 360 aio nzxt z73 , running multi r23 cpu temp cap at around 79c rad fans at 800rpm , gaming depending on game are between 50-65c

Last edited:
The max I've reached with my 5800x3D on CBR23 is 14,883 - on an NH-D15s cooler and using PBO2 (-30 all cores). 32GB 3600 CL16.

I ran -25 all cores for a decent amount of time and that peaked at 14,553.

I reckon I could probably eek it out to right under/above 15k if I closed all background tasks and ran all fans at 100% to keep things as cool as possible - but even not doing that the CPU only spikes at 79/80 and when playing games it's not even close to these temps.

Back
Top Bottom