• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D Cache Eight Core 4.5GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail - Go Go Go xD

Soldato
Upgraded bios from a 2 year old one. Now PBO settings are available. Can you now do a +200mhz overclock like you can with non 3d chips? The setting is there.

10x scalar and -30 on all cores working fine, which isnt a surprise as I had the -30 tested previously using pbotuner.

edit:

dont try clock boost override, for some reason it locks it at 200mhz above base clock instead.

Last edited:
Soldato
Same. Have my CH6 since mid 2017. Has been with 1800X, 3900X and now with a 5800X3D. Not much love for Asus for neglecting the board, but it has been rock solid with all CPUs, 4 x RAM populated and overclocked to 3800 CL16 with 1900 infinity fabric. -30 here as well with 5800X3D, 4450 all core and 4500 single core(some times 2 cores).

Did you up any voltages for 3800/1900IF? My unify 5800x3d does 3733/1866 at default voltages but I'm not sure which voltages to up to go higher...

Associate
bit of discount on these atm, Im currently running a 5800x (decent overclock), would it be worth upgrading my AM4 one last time with one of these and selling on my old chip as I mostly game on my system?
anyone done similar? I know the 2 chips are very close in performance anyway, but if the difference is worth it I would upgrade now while its cheap

Last edited:
Soldato
bit of discount on these atm, Im currently running a 5800x (decent overclock), would it be worth upgrading my AM4 one last time with one of these and selling on my old chip as I mostly game on my system?

It’s the strongest gaming CPU on that platform, so mostly for gaming yes. IIRC you’re looking at between 10-20% more performance. Maybe a little more if you’re using an Nvidia card.

Soldato
anyone done similar? I know the 2 chips are very close in performance anyway, but if the difference is worth it I would upgrade now while its cheap
I made the switch some time ago. A bit better averge FPS at 1440P but 1% lows were much more consistent. It still has great performance compared to some of the 7xxx chips.

Back
Top Bottom