• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D Cache Eight Core 4.5GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail - Go Go Go xD

Caporegime
I know a streamer who does, he says its muscle memory combined with competitive gaming. More pixels affect the muscle memory and can take a while to get used to. I have no clue as i dont do any competitive gaming myself but i think i understand what hes talking about :)
Yeah, sounds like a donk to me :D

Soldato
Not anything unexpected here but interesting results nevertheless - the 5800x3d is losing performance to older Intel chips that support ddr5 because ddr5 continues to get faster while ddr4 is basically end of life
Yeah. It was always going to happen eventually.
Performance hasn't nose-dived off a cliff though. No-one with these chips is suddenly thinking "damn". Or they shouldn't be at least.

Soldato
I know a streamer who does, he says its muscle memory combined with competitive gaming. More pixels affect the muscle memory and can take a while to get used to. I have no clue as i dont do any competitive gaming myself but i think i understand what hes talking about :)
excluding people with learning difficulties

Soldato
Yeah. It was always going to happen eventually.
Performance hasn't nose-dived off a cliff though. No-one with these chips is suddenly thinking "damn". Or they shouldn't be at least.

Does DDR5 get faster like fine wine or do you have to buy a whole new set for a 5% perf boost?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Does DDR5 get faster like fine wine or do you have to buy a whole new set for a 5% perf boost?
I think the earlier DDR5 benchmarks were basically too slow (since they used cards like a 3080 or 3090), which is why the general consensus at the time was that DDR5 doesn't matter, but with the combination of faster graphics, newer games and CPUs with more legs, it is showing a bigger margin. I wouldn't say the old conclusion is not valid, but as HUB says, it doesn't make sense to buy DDR4 for a new PC at this point.

G J

G J

Associate
You dont necessarily need to purchase new memory as one can further tune the ram as I've been able to get more out of the 8pack DDR4 over the years from a 6600K/8700K/12600K/13600K.

I'm sure the DDR4 ram hub used could be pushed further.

Last edited:
Soldato
You dont necessarily need to purchase new memory as one can further tune the ram as I've been able to get more out of the 8pack DDR4 over the years from a 6600K/8700K/12600K/13600K.

I'm sure the DDR4 ram hub used could be pushed further.
just not a lot of point on the x3ds is there?

Back
Top Bottom