• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D Cache Eight Core 4.5GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail - Go Go Go xD

Soldato
Stock seems very low on this CPU (and the price has been put up by £20). There was an expectation that more would come in today but now it seems like it will be on the 22nd of June. At least it makes it much easier for me to resist temptation and wait to see how good Zen 4 is.

Last edited:
Associate
Where did you get the information that it would be 22nd June? Another web site is saying tomorrow whilst another is saying 17th June. All very frustrating, not to mention Crucial Ballistix RAM can't be had for love nor money.

Soldato
Where did you get the information that it would be 22nd June? Another web site is saying tomorrow whilst another is saying 17th June. All very frustrating, not to mention Crucial Ballistix RAM can't be had for love nor money.
I'm not allowed to say, it's easy to find.

Soldato
The last "drop" was around 11th/13th May then preorders were for the next "drop" which got moved to 31st May. I imagine most of the allocated stock is sold out and if you find a website that still says today you might be lucky and get it this time round. If not looks like next "drop" is mid June.
Its not surprising its low its being sold I believe as a limited run and its got so many rave reviews and good word of mouth its a much sought after chip.

Soldato
The last "drop" was around 11th/13th May then preorders were for the next "drop" which got moved to 31st May. I imagine most of the allocated stock is sold out and if you find a website that still says today you might be lucky and get it this time round. If not looks like next "drop" is mid June.
Its not surprising its low its being sold I believe as a limited run and its got so many rave reviews and good word of mouth its a much sought after chip.
People are saying on Reddit that AMD's store has had stock in the EU and US since the beginning. Of course AMD is still not shipping to the UK directly due to Brexit according to their website, so we miss out.

Soldato
People are saying on Reddit that AMD's store has had stock in the EU and US since the beginning. Of course AMD is still not shipping to the UK directly due to Brexit according to their website, so we miss out.

I just took a quick trip to France via VPN Airways and it lets you buy one but then again it is 31st May today.

We are just treated differently now we are not part of "Europe" :cry:

Soldato
I have ordered this CPU to replace my R7 1700x and will be using it on my original x370 Crosshair 6 motherboard both from 2017. I'm thinking this should make a bit of a difference in gaming like Flight sim 2020. I was considering a 5800x but as mostly use my Pc for gaming can see this as a better option. Impressive that I can do this upgrade and hopefully get several more years out of the board without replacing it all.
I didn't realise this worked with x370. Just checked and my budget MSI supports it. Fair play to AMD and the mobo makers for keeping the updates coming. Might pick one up.

Associate
I didn't realise this worked with x370. Just checked and my budget MSI supports it. Fair play to AMD and the mobo makers for keeping the updates coming. Might pick one up.
Hardware unboxed did a video about this. I ended up changing to a 5900x instead, what with supply issues and the price making me doubt the purchase, getting it tomorrow, looking forward to seeing five years difference

Associate
That's because it's discontinued, see the thread I created in the memory sub forum a couple of months back.
What?! Then why does Overclockers still list it (granted as, "out of stock") and let me order it?! Thanks for letting me know @Journey

Cancelling my order right now and back to searching for RAM for an X570S Aorus Pro.

Associate
Thanks for the suggestion @Troezar. Unfortunately I have a Noctua NH-D15 in a Corsair 5000D so I need low profile RAM. Looks like I'm out of luck with 3600 RAM for the X570S Aorus Pro since everything listed in the CVL is out of stock everywhere! Will have to roll back my expectations to 3200 I think.

Soldato
Thanks for the suggestion @Troezar. Unfortunately I have a Noctua NH-D15 in a Corsair 5000D so I need low profile RAM. Looks like I'm out of luck with 3600 RAM for the X570S Aorus Pro since everything listed in the CVL is out of stock everywhere! Will have to roll back my expectations to 3200 I think.

Why are you worrying about the QVL? It's almost impossible for manufacturers to test every RAM permutation and version so they don't. Just buy something, and then return it under the 14-day/30-day return window if you can't get it to work. Not that I've had any issues with any RAM on AM4 for years, it was down it IMC issues in the past which are long gone.

Soldato
Hope these eventually become a bit easier to obtain considering AMD themselves said they are supporting AM4 for a fair few years to come, Would love to get one for my build.

Associate
Thank you @Journey. It's been years since I last built a system so I'm out of practice. I was looking at Corsair Vengeance LPX (what I have in my current PC and low profile) but saw a number of forum posts stating that they don't work with the X570 Aorus mobos and sure enough, they aren't listed in the CVL. I therefore decided the CVL should be abided by. Hmmm, maybe I'll try the Kingston Rage that isn't in the CVL. Just have to wait until my 5800X3D turns up (whenever that will be!)

Also, apologies for derailing this thread.

Soldato
Might be worth a look in the 8 Pack RAM thread. I think the top part of the heat spreader comes off...

Associate
If you're noticing normal or microstuttering, I'd suggest going into your bios and disabling 'df cstates.' This is a power savings feature specific to the fabric controller.

My theory is that when gaming loads are light, the IF tries to converse power and then when it's trying to wake up and can't recover fast enough, you get stutter/micro stuttter.

There's no notabable power draw by having it disabled. The good news is that cores (global cstates) are able to recover fast enough that I couldn't identify any issues caused by having that setting enabled. You also need global cstates enabled to get the chip to boost properly for light workloads.

So summary for a smoother gaming experience:
- DF cstates - Disabled
- Global cstates - Enabled

Soldato
If you're noticing normal or microstuttering, I'd suggest going into your bios and disabling 'df cstates.' This is a power savings feature specific to the fabric controller.

My theory is that when gaming loads are light, the IF tries to converse power and then when it's trying to wake up and can't recover fast enough, you get stutter/micro stuttter.

There's no notabable power draw by having it disabled. The good news is that cores (global cstates) are able to recover fast enough that I couldn't identify any issues caused by having that setting enabled. You also need global cstates enabled to get the chip to boost properly for light workloads.

So summary for a smoother gaming experience:
- DF cstates - Disabled
- Global cstates - Enabled

Can't seem to find DF cstates anywhere.in my MSI BIOS. It's only a B550 board do you think that would make a difference?

Back
Top Bottom