• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D CPU Burns Up

Soldato
There is another issue no one wants to talk about

The issues with AM5 and Asus boards in particular could have been picked up by reviewers 6 months ago. But reviewers are no longer interested in reviewing motherboards because it's boring and even that crap hardware unboxed puts out that they call a "review" is not really a proper review

Even when gamers nexus in the last two weeks looked at their x670e Asus hero they discovered that some the board's advertised features have never worked and yet 6 months after launch and no one noticed till now because no one bothers to check anymore

The user pays premium price for features that don't event work

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ive noticed ASUS have actually removed the disclaimer from all the beta bioses on their site now, so maybe they are starting to listen, funny though, the latest beta (1412) still isnt there, its not on the UK site either, possibly trying to get this one right before releasing the finished product.

4ZrcER7.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Ive noticed ASUS have actually removed the disclaimer from all the beta bioses on their site now, so maybe they are starting to listen, funny though, the latest beta (1412) still isnt there, its not on the UK site either, possibly trying to get this one right before releasing the finished product.

Maybe the text but I bet they'll still try and use it as an excuse to reject RMAs, etc.

Soldato
OP
Maybe the text but I bet they'll still try and use it as an excuse to reject RMAs, etc.
In the UK they dont handle the RMA's themselves, I contacted them about another issue I had with my previous board that had, after filling out the form stating it had a beta bios on it, I spoke with the UK RMA centre who stated they dont handle components, only things like Laptops and monitors, and told me to send it back to where I purchased it from for a replacement, so I did, and got it replaced, never had a problem with them, it then goes back to the supplier / distributer who then return it to ASUS.

Had they of argued it, id of just flashed a non beta onto it and put the request in again.

Last edited:
Associate

The issues with AM5 and Asus boards in particular could have been picked up by reviewers 6 months ago. But reviewers are no longer interested in reviewing motherboards because it's boring and even that crap hardware unboxed puts out that they call a "review" is not really a proper review

Even when gamers nexus in the last two weeks looked at their x670e Asus hero they discovered that some the board's advertised features have never worked and yet 6 months after launch and no one noticed till now because no one bothers to check anymore

You are correct. This issue should have been picked up 6 months ago but it should not be reviewers who pciked this up but Asus themselves who picked it up and there should have never been bios released pushing 1.4V into the Vsoc. If this had been the first bios released and it was a mix up then it would be understandable but from my understanding there were multiple bios on multiple mobos that have now been purged from the Asus website where voltages were way too high, this is the culture of Asus on show where voltage has always been pushed too high.

I like HWunboxed content but there is no way they can police the manufacturing standard for the 15 AM5 boards that Asus released let alone the other vendors offerings. Things like OCP and OVP should just work on a mobo and I do not think anyone has thought to actually test them before becasue we all assumed the manufacturers tested them in house, boy were we wrong.

Soldato
ROG STRIX B650E-I with 7800X3D now on version 1413. I also manually limited the SoC to 1.24v. EXPO disabled at the moment.

HWiNFO64 showing:

Xyht0Br.png

Man of Honour
Do you seriously believe what you've written? ASUS have literally just removed the "warranty void" disclaimer on their BETA bioses, this means, warranty is not void....

Absolutely - welcome to the real world where companies often lack joined up thinking and/or the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing or are just plain scummy and will try and put people off as much as they can with returns - removing the text doesn't necessarily mean anything at all - it isn't like Asus is well known for doing the right thing...

In the UK they dont handle the RMA's themselves, I contacted them about another issue I had with my previous board that had, after filling out the form stating it had a beta bios on it, I spoke with the UK RMA centre who stated they dont handle components, only things like Laptops and monitors, and told me to send it back to where I purchased it from for a replacement, so I did, and got it replaced, never had a problem with them, it then goes back to the supplier / distributer who then return it to ASUS.

Had they of argued it, id of just flashed a non beta onto it and put the request in again.

Yeah LetMeRepair or something like that - I've used them a few times they are absolutely trash - they will do everything they can including in your case telling you to go back to the place of purchase to put you off RMAing a product and if you get past those hurdles 9 times out of 10 you'll get a ropey refurbished product which in some cases is literally just another customer's return sent back out to you without being fixed. You probably dodged a bullet there unless they've changed dramatically in the last few years.

It got so bad for awhile OcUK was handling all Asus returns themselves taking the hit if necessary though I don't think it is the case any more unfortunately.

Last edited:
Associate
I suspect it was just the standard statement that is attached to almost all software that says they make no promises that it actually works properly (normally with and added statement that they don't permit it to be used on medical, automotive or aeronautical applications)

Soldato

Here's my opinion.
Not long ago good tech sites had the time and experise to do the necessary work. Nowadays we're following YouTube content creators who, for the most part, don't have the expertise and resources to do this work, and are falling over each other to be the first to publish something. And when they do, there's far more focus on esthetics over function. This has guided motherboard vendors like Asus in relation to how they design and market their products. Arguably their products are over-engineered in the wrong places, superficial, and certainly over-priced. And yet they seem to be less stable in quality control, support and software. That tells us a lot about what their priorities are.

I vaguely remember vendors being called out on using all-core turbo boost on Intel Skylake CPUs when using xmp, and using high load line calibration to do so. It made them look slightly better in reviews vs competitors who used stock boost behavior. Can't remember who the vendor was or what the details where, but my point is this behavior isn't new, and the media was better equipped to call it out.

Soldato
Absolutely - welcome to the real world where companies often lack joined up thinking and/or the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing or are just plain scummy and will try and put people off as much as they can with returns - removing the text doesn't necessarily mean anything at all - it isn't like Asus is well known for doing the right thing...

Yeah LetMeRepair or something like that - I've used them a few times they are absolutely trash - they will do everything they can including in your case telling you to go back to the place of purchase to put you off RMAing a product and if you get past those hurdles 9 times out of 10 you'll get a ropey refurbished product which in some cases is literally just another customer's return sent back out to you without being fixed. You probably dodged a bullet there unless they've changed dramatically in the last few years.

It got so bad for awhile OcUK was handling all Asus returns themselves taking the hit if necessary though I don't think it is the case any more unfortunately.
Honestly, I think you're either trolling, or have issues. ASUS specially removing the warranty = void warning means that the warranty is valid. I'll leave it at that, and will leave you to your flat earth.

str

str

Soldato
I suspect it was just the standard statement that is attached to almost all software that says they make no promises that it actually works properly (normally with and added statement that they don't permit it to be used on medical, automotive or aeronautical applications)

The wording appeared to be them simply claiming the existence of the beta bios cannot be used as evidence of liability but it blew up into much more than that, and the best thing they could do was remove it.

Man of Honour
Honestly, I think you're either trolling, or have issues. ASUS specially removing the warranty = void warning means that the warranty is valid. I'll leave it at that, and will leave you to your flat earth.

I almost have to wonder if you are new to this - these forums let alone the internet at large is full of accounts of companies pulling this kind of stuff either intentionally or because of poor organisation and Asus is certainly not an exception.

Soldato
My experience with Asus support has been pretty dire over the years. Anyone remember Asus funnelling everything through propellerheads? Three month wait to get a faulty part returned from Asus…

Asus RMA + GeForce bumpgate left me needing therapy. Half dozen graphics card RMA’s. What a fiasco.

Man of Honour
Unless it has changed recently they use LetMeRepair or something like that in the UK since around 2007 or so.

And for anyone doubting what I was saying above look up LetMeRepair on any consumer review site :s

EDIT: Not sure if LetMeRepair handle all Asus RMAs - I can't remember now which company handled (initially) the Asus "8800GT" (Actually an 8800GS which had somehow been mounted on an 8800GT board and packed as an 8800GT - man that was a mess trying to make them understand) I tried to RMA but I don't think that was LetMeRepair but fortunately Overclockers eventually stepped in and replaced the GPU with a brand new one from another brand.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Unless it has changed recently they use LetMeRepair or something like that in the UK since around 2007 or so.

And for anyone doubting what I was saying above look up LetMeRepair on any consumer review site :s

EDIT: Not sure if LetMeRepair handle all Asus RMAs - I can't remember now which company handled (initially) the Asus "8800GT" (Actually an 8800GS which had somehow been mounted on an 8800GT board and packed as an 8800GT - man that was a mess trying to make them understand) I tried to RMA but I don't think that was LetMeRepair but fortunately Overclockers eventually stepped in and replaced the GPU with a brand new one from another brand.
never heard of them, ASUS used to have offices in Milton Keynes, literally just around the corner from the Gigabyte RMA place too, (ive dropped faulty products into both of them in the past), they also have a place in Hemel Hempstead who dont deal with components, they shut the place in Milton Keynes down (who did deal with components) so now you have to send it back if its faulty to where you brought it from, whether that be Overclockers or some other retailer.

Man of Honour
Looks like they handle PC components and stuff like laptops and monitors differently though Googling it doesn't clear it up much as people have had to deal with things like graphics cards in various different ways over the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom