• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD ThreadRipper ***

Associate
Anybody else just want the tech and performance but not all the plastic, leds and special paint jobs? Or is that just me?
I for one like it, at least you can turn the LED's off if you don't like it, but too much plastic can be over the top, like the old Sabretooth boards.

Associate
I don't mind the MSI board but why is there so much convergence nowadays? All the boards we see are all pretty much identical. Grey PCB, Metal PCIE slots, manufacturer logo on RGB LED lit headsink on bottom right... what ever happened to each manaufacturer trying to be unique? Asus, Asrock, Gigabyte, MSI.. all the boards look almost identical.

Soldato
I don't mind the MSI board but why is there so much convergence nowadays? All the boards we see are all pretty much identical. Grey PCB, Metal PCIE slots, manufacturer logo on RGB LED lit headsink on bottom right... what ever happened to each manaufacturer trying to be unique? Asus, Asrock, Gigabyte, MSI.. all the boards look almost identical.

Unfortunately yes :( you are right.

Hoping for a MSI Titanium coloured board, so I can paint the P5 to silver and create a nice looking and unique machine. All black is bland :(

Soldato
Yep, honestly I would like;

- All black PCB
- All black metal PCIE slots
- All black metal square heatsink to areas as needed
- 3x M.2 with metal black cover (that actually works as a heatsink and not a heat trap)
- Right angle connectors (to rear of board) for 24 pin ATX, additional 8-pin socket(s), Sata & the restart/start etc connectors so that all the cables can be behind the board and also have cable tidies to allow them to be fed through grommets as available in the case.
- Square black metal clean I/O cover with no lights to keep it clean
- Metal logo with M3 tape so can be placed on the mobo heatsinks where user would like or leave of if they want a cleaner look

Then they could provide heatsinks in different colours as well as their logos and even offer matching CPU block.

That way it is all clean and tidy, there isn't the need for lights or software to be developed so costs can be reduced and honestly I would prefer the look. I haven't liked the look of a mobo for many a year now in honesty.

Soldato
Bring back the royal blue Gigabyte PCBs I say, complete with yellow and red DIMM slots.

Yeah :)
004.JPG

Or at least Abit red ones

fatal1ty_an8.jpg

Or for Zen a special orange?

Picture%20004.jpg

Or green ones to match NV colours

x11sae-f-top.jpg

Imho we had better looking boards in the past than now :(

Soldato
I always loved the look of DFI boards. Had shed loads of them through the years from the Lanparty NF2's all the way to the last board they did, the Lanparty X58. Had to swap the X58 for a EVGA X58 in the end though because of DFI's crap bios support for the X58.

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS84LzQvMTkyMTAwL29yaWdpbmFsL2RmaV94NTgtdDNlaDZfdG9wLmpwZw.jpg

Back
Top Bottom