• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD ThreadRipper ***

Soldato
I think you'll find they'll probably include a little tool to use folks if it's not a popular screw type head.
Interesting placement of the paste. I don't know the chip but if it's two 1800's "glued" :) together I would have thought it would be better to use two separate paste points where you'd place it if the CPU's were individual?

Soldato
Noctua will not be releasing any Threadripper TR4 mounting kits for their existing coolers

Can I upgrade my existing Noctua cooler to socket TR4 or SP3?

Unfortunately, it is not possible to upgrade existing Noctua heatsinks to support the AMD TR4 and SP3 sockets for Ryzen Threadripper (X399) and Epyc CPUs. TR4/SP3 CPUs have much bigger heatspreaders (as compared to e.g. LGA2066 or AM4 processors) and the contact surfaces of standard Noctua heatsinks would cover only about half of these heatspreaders, which would result in insufficient cooling performance. For this reason, Noctua will soon introduce new cooler models that feature bigger contact surfaces that have been tailored to fit TR4/SP3 CPUs. Please choose these models for AMD Ryzen Threadripper and Epyc systems.

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/ca...r4_mounting_kits_for_their_existing_coolers/1

Soldato
Multiple blobs or 2 lines of TIM will be fine.

There also isn't any harm in using too much TIM anyway as it will just seep slightly, just don't use too little.

Back
Top Bottom