• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD ThreadRipper ***

Caporegime
LOL! I don't see how anyone can mess that up. Granted its not the easiest but follow the instructions people!

He just brushed his hand across it and caught 1 or 2 apparently. They do seem even more fragile than the regular intel socket. Soon as he opened the socket i spotted the 2 dodgy pins, surprising how obvious they are considering they're in among 4000 odd pins.

Soldato
He just brushed his hand across it and caught 1 or 2 apparently. They do seem even more fragile than the regular intel socket. Soon as he opened the socket i spotted the 2 dodgy pins, surprising how obvious they are considering they're in among 4000 odd pins.

Yeah, that orange installer is there for a reason is seems!

Soldato

Yeh lol, Spotted them as soon as he took the pin cover off as well. With that amount of pins though in that small amount of space (yep we all known the cpu is big), but 4000 pins is still a lot for that space it looks like AMD has done a good job of trying to make shure that not too many of us mess the job up.

Deleted member 66701

Deleted member 66701

Yep, and may say a lot about how the bent pins cam about in the first place.

Meh - reviewers get stuff for free - they really don't care about looking after stuff. He says in the video he has other mobos from other manufacturers he can use.

Soldato
Waaaou the flood of "opening a box" videos.

The micromanaged launch and the thirsty youtubers shovelling in the views from equally thirsty audiences.

Soldato
my god amd done a great job media wise.but intel still is the faster cpu.

LOL

Before you do such statements, (and before any benchmarks), this is HEDT platform.
On X399 we do not have to pay £200 for Raid 1 or £400 for Raid 10 dongle, like on the X299 platform
Raid 0/1/10/NCQ comes for freeeeeeeee

Soldato
LOL

Before you do such statements, (and before any benchmarks), this is HEDT platform.
On X399 we do not have to pay £200 for Raid 1 or £400 for Raid 10 dongle, like on the X299 platform
X399 doesn't support bootable NVME RAID. Might want to check your facts before getting up on the defence.

Man of Honour
LOL

What you have to pay for to "unlock" with the X299 is the VROC RAID platform which is a higher end controller beyond what you'd normally get on a consumer motherboard and AFAIK higher end than what comes as standard on the X399 board though I'd have to double check that (EDIT: As above VROC supports bootable NVME RAID which X399 doesn't).

X299 boards have normal RAID functionality including 0,1,5,10 with NCQ support where appropriate through the IRST controller as normal - what is locked down without VROC is RAID other than 0 on the M2M_32G port, etc. Some boards might have more or less restrictions so its worth checking that but AFAIK all boards fully support normal RAID, etc. functions via the normal IRST controller regardless.

X399 doesn't support bootable NVME RAID. Might want to check your facts before getting up on the defence.

Might not be a case of needing to check facts as such - seems a small number of posters lately are knowingly spouting incorrect pro-AMD and anti-Intel or anti-nVidia information who have previously demonstrated a level of knowledge and awareness that makes it unlikely they don't know or even previously commented or posted on the subject demonstrating they know or should know what the actual facts are.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom