• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

If its this one, i think the AMD rep only mentions hwinfo with dont have multiple monitoring apps open that might contend.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cbls9g/the_final_word_on_idle_voltages_for_3rd_gen_ryzen/

There is a further response from Martin hwinfo in that thread .

Not trying to be contrary, I dont have Ryzen 3000 so cant try it myself ( currently 2700x ) but am considering it , couldn't live without Hwinfo, see interested to see where this goes ..

I still don't have any confirmation that HWiNFO would be affected by this phenomenon. It is not polling the CPU as aggressively as described, so I don't expect a big issue here.

Honestly speaking, this time AMD has failed big in supporting 3rd party tools. We are still missing several information and advanced support. Some quirks (like detection of sleeping cores) is AMD keeping for themselves, which is a shame. I'm ready to investigate this issue in more detail and take actions if needed. But this requires support from the other side too.

Today I'm planning to release a new Beta build of HWiNFO (v6.09-3855), which should reduce the CPU polling a bit more.

Martin, HWiNFO Author

Might be worth trying the beta if you've Ryzen 3000
I'm not sure why he thinks it is AMD's responsibility to make sure that third party tools work with it. Should they alter their CPU behaviour just so that a third party tool doesn't require patching? No.
I think it would be great if AMD made some of their own monitoring techniques open source, thus making it easier for third parties to patch.

Associate
Exactly my thinking. Saved £160 and already got PCI 4.0 so I can defo see myself buying again Ryzen 4000.

Hmm good point, might do the same. Ryzen 4000 might be the last cpu on AM4 so upgrading to it might leave you in better standing if you want to keep your PC for a long time, like me.

I'm upgrading from an i3 3225 (2c-4t) that has kept me going for over 6 years now. I've ordered the 3900x from OCUK, but I'm having to get new parts for every single component, which is proving expensive. Going forward I'd rather spend on a single high-end component once a year instead of purchasing a few high-end and others at low to mid end to save some money.

Associate
I'm not sure why he thinks it is AMD's responsibility to make sure that third party tools work with it. Should they alter their CPU behaviour just so that a third party tool doesn't require patching? No.
I think it would be great if AMD made some of their own monitoring techniques open source, thus making it easier for third parties to patch.

How have you read that, hes asking for info and support. Odd that you think Amd has no responsibility to apps etc that specifically target their hardware.
Of course we are talking about a typical all over the place Amd release, so he probably should be used to it.

Soldato
Hmm good point, might do the same. Ryzen 4000 might be the last cpu on AM4 so upgrading to it might leave you in better standing if you want to keep your PC for a long time, like me.

I'm upgrading from an i3 3225 (2c-4t) that has kept me going for over 6 years now. I've ordered the 3900x from OCUK, but I'm having to get new parts for every single component, which is proving expensive. Going forward I'd rather spend on a single high-end component once a year instead of purchasing a few high-end and others at low to mid end to save some money.

The 3900x is a good choice for 5-6 years, I'd say that and the 3700x are both good looking forward. Another advantage is that by the time Ryzen 5000 is out the 3950x will probably be really cheap and gives a decent earlier upgrade option (regardless of the 4000 series).

Back
Top Bottom