• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Very nice. Did you have any clearance issues with that Type C USB 3.2 Gen2 Header? I figure a straight connector won't fit under the gpu, but did you have any touble with that angled connector and was it standard on your case?
None at all, it doesnt touch the GPU. Yes the angled connector came with the case.

Permabanned
Here's what the 3900x looked like when i took the stock cooler off, not great contact.

4rE7fshh.jpg

Here it is with some MX-4 applied, maybe slightly on the thicker side but got it as level and even as i could.

cIJB9H7h.jpg

Here's two quick shots i took with my phone, will get some better ones with my camera later on in the week when my new lens is here. :)

1lzxKnZh.jpg

bLAhvBIh.jpg

same situation with my 3900x ihs is far from straight.... had to add extra liquid metal

Soldato
3700C and X570 Aorus Elite would be my pick. I got the Taichi cheap but the Elite has essentially the same VRM for far less.

I had heard this and was looking at the gigabyte boards. I'm sure I read the bios had a new layout?
I gather the VRM is plenty strong enough for the 3900X too?
What put me off the Taichi is reports of people having heat issues with certain graphics cards.

Associate
Keep toying with the idea of these new ryzen chips but I fully well know, I play games that don't need this type of power ( WOW and Classic soon, overwatch apex ).

Just out of interest how relevant is the Silverstone Raven 2 case if I was to get let's say the 3900x? Is there many ways to make this cool better than stock form

Soldato
Keep toying with the idea of these new ryzen chips but I fully well know, I play games that don't need this type of power ( WOW and Classic soon, overwatch apex ).

I was having a go with WoW retail (3-days free) on one of the Ryzen 3xxx systems I have been testing, and it is super-duper smooth. I'm actually tempted to change my i7-4770 system that I use (most of the time) since I'll be partaking in Classic at launch, and onward if things go to plan.

What are you using right now? Graphics, resolution, refresh rate etc.?

Soldato
Ordered a Ryzen 3600, MSI B450m Mortar and an adapter kit for my huge Noctua cooler.
I am still deciding on ram.

This should absolutely destroy my i5 3570k 4.4Ghz setup. Excited :).

I'd go with the Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz (BLS8G4D32AESTK) that can be currently had for £29.99 per 8GB stick, Micron E-Die IC's on it so it will do 3600MHz+ if you want to OC it. :)

Soldato
Holy cow that is cheap. How tight can you get the timings compared to B Die?

Not as tight, but I've got a pair of 8GB's up to 3733 C16-19-16-16.

How on earth are these so cheap?

Ninja edit: It seems Nghtmare has the same view!

They are cheap, because that are made by Micron (they own Crucial) and not a third party vendor who is buying form a manufacturer, then speed binning as creaming people for most profit possible.

BLS8G4D32AES
Not as tight, but I've got a pair of 8GB's up to 3733 C16-19-16-16.

They are cheap, because that are made by Micron (they own Crucial) and not a third party vendor who is buying form a manufacturer, then speed binning as creaming people for most profit possible.

These do look good.
Got to find it funny when 1 x 8Gb can be found for £30 but 2 x 8GB is £65......which will be exactly the same sticks.

Back
Top Bottom