• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Man of Honour
I'd go with the Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz (BLS8G4D32AESTK) that can be currently had for £29.99 per 8GB stick, Micron E-Die IC's on it so it will do 3600MHz+ if you want to OC it. :)
Holy cow that is cheap. How tight can you get the timings compared to B Die?
How on earth are these so cheap?
Not as tight, but I've got a pair of 8GB's up to 3733 C16-19-16-16.
They are cheap, because that are made by Micron (they own Crucial) and not a third party vendor who is buying form a manufacturer, then speed binning as creaming people for most profit possible.
also to add that e-die isn't some cheaper knockoff either. these briefly held the world record.
and >95% of performance for <50% cost of overpriced b-die gouge ram is a win in my books ;)

Caporegime
Holy cow that is cheap. How tight can you get the timings compared to B Die?

They can do 3600Mhz cl16/3733mhz cl16/17 often, not always, but a fair amount of the time.

It's why I've been pointing out to people how much of a complete waste/rip off b-die Samsung is. At one point b-die Samsung was the go to ram that was miles better than everything else. Two things happened, b-die ram pricing kept increasing and new memory continued to come out. Whenever good memory launches there is always something equal or better that eventually comes along but if the reputation of a given memory is strong enough it tends to gain all the headlines and new decent ram gets ignored. Micron e-die kicks ass, it's stupid cheap because it hasn't had the b-die Sammy mark up added yet so it's easily the best option. You can get 2x 16GB sticks for £130, vs more than that just for 2x8GB of b-die.

Keep in mind all the crucial with the AES code is e-die, currently there are 3000Mhz cl15 stuff and 3200Mhz cl16 stuff has the AES code and e-die memory, in general b-die memory will offer no benefit over it.

Associate
I was having a go with WoW retail (3-days free) on one of the Ryzen 3xxx systems I have been testing, and it is super-duper smooth. I'm actually tempted to change my i7-4770 system that I use (most of the time) since I'll be partaking in Classic at launch, and onward if things go to plan.

What are you using right now? Graphics, resolution, refresh rate etc.?

So I am still rocking a 2500k ( O.c to 4.6ghz ) 16 gig of ram running an AMD 390 and playing at 2560 by 1440p 75hz. Most of the time game is working fine, but cant struggle a lot in I guess high pop zones battles and raids.

But I don't think the upgrade will improve that or I could be massively wrong, wow never has seemed fully utilized. If the upgrade could iron out those minor niggles upgrade would be on its way for sure

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £882.94 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

The SSD and PSU have not been decided yet, but those are the price points I'm looking at. Also, I'd prefer a MAX version of the MSI B450.

Back
Top Bottom