• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
vEqGV8W.png

sorry @lltfdaniel couldn't help myself :)

I'll eat you for breakfast,

67067169_10157418621327375_6222734161031987200_n.jpg

Man of Honour
Soldato
It shouldn't be any effort at all as they're the same bin.

Well I'm dubious and heres why. I haven't been able to run my ram at DOCP until the 1st of July 2019 when the last BIOS was released. Prior to that I could only manage 3133MHz. I am also on a x370 board so not sure if that will hold it back.

I'll give it a though when my 3700x arrives.

Actually I just had a thought. The current ram we have will be dialled in for used on Ryzen 1000 and 2000. How do we know if the SOC voltage that DOCP sets is even correct now for Ryzen 3000?

I guess I'll have to ask these questions in the RAM section.

Associate
3600 makes 25mhz more than the 3600x using the same 360mm aio lol really seems to be no real difference between these chips using aftermarket cooling

That must be a golden 3600 vs a bad 3600X. There is no point on AMD grabbing a better binned chip, and selling it cheaper. If you could sell a 6/12 chip for £300 (example), would you reduce the clocks and sell it for £250? It would make no sense.

Last edited:
Associate
Just a heads up in case this helps anyone else. Since I installed the latest chipset drivers I hadn't got the correct power plans and also ryzen master was giving me headaches and not starting.

I followed this https://community.amd.com/thread/241036

and then after I deleted that I uninstalled ryzen master and the chipset drivers I then deleted everything in C:/AMD and reinstalled. I now have all the correct plans and Ryzen master is working fine. Also my Ryzen Balanced plan has the minimum processor state at 0% compared to the one that was installed from previous that had 90% everything seems to be working much better now.

EDIT. This all seems to have improved things temp and boost wise. now not hitting over 70 degrees in battlefield (generally sits at 60 degrees apart from odd spike to 69) idle volts now at 0.9 with odd reading of 0.2 and idle freq down to 1.8ghz. All core boost in BF5 now 4.267ghz

Much happier with everything now.

Last edited:
Associate
Is anyone using a dark rock 4 pro cooler with their Ryzen 3000 cpu? Im interested on hearing the difference in cooling between the supplied one and that.
I'm only using the Dark Rock 4 rather than the Pro version, but the difference in noise from the stock cooler (Well, the Wraith Prism in my case) is night and day. None of the constant ramping up and down, none of the annoying whine, I can sometimes hear the Dark Rock 4 if I go out of the way to listen for it while gaming, but it's easily the fan making the least noise in my case.

Temp wise I'd say it's improved a reasonable amount, it still spikes into the 50s but far less often I feel, usually floats between 35-45 for me, goes as low as high 20s.

Last edited:

Ree

Ree

Associate
Is anyone using a dark rock 4 pro cooler with their Ryzen 3000 cpu? Im interested on hearing the difference in cooling between the supplied one and that.

i am using that with kryonaut paste on my 3600 and getting 70 degrees on full load with it being well.. quiet :D

should also add everything is stock haven't touched a thing oc wise.

Associate
Yes I'm using the Dark Rock Pro 4 on the 3900x. The biggest difference for me is the noise. That Wraith would scream like a...wraith when the CPU was under full load. Now my PC is far quieter. Temps for me go from 40-55 Idle to 77-85 degrees full load but depending on what load it's under. Certain CPU instructions/tasks give off more heat, but gaming from what I've seen will go up to 82. Can highly recommend this cooler.

Back
Top Bottom