• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Ah I missed that, I'll go join now. Thanks.
Edit: Can't seem to find it. Must be blind.
Edit 2: Is it the one in the CPU subsection with Gibbos and 8pack recommendation?

Yeah its all in that thread, I have had no issues with the SB fan run it on silent profile and you don't hear it. I have now seen its adjustable too in the motherboard utility program in windows so might adjust it down more and see how it goes.

Soldato
That is a very 90's thing to do ^^^^ :D

Today we have Spotify, everything is on there...

Lol well it's free and in any format I care to rip :) Just a one time thing then I can access it locally from my own hardware. High quality, no internet issues to worry about. Is Spotify like Netflix ie lower quality stream than say a Blu-ray disc?

Soldato
Yeah its all in that thread, I have had no issues with the SB fan run it on silent profile and you don't hear it. I have now seen its adjustable too in the motherboard utility program in windows so might adjust it down more and see how it goes.
Great thanks. Will post in there.

Soldato
3600 CL14 is better but it will take a good die like B-die. Unfortunately, prices of ram just recently went up. So, even 3200 CL14 is expensive since it is B-die. You'll end up with 3000 or 3200 CL16. O'cing it isn't gonna help much cos of loose timing. Popularity of Ryzen must have raised the prices of DDR4.

You can buy 3200CL16 and make it 3200CL14 tho.

Man of Honour
Popularity of Ryzen must have raised the prices of DDR4.
if you subscribe to the overhyped gouge ram - that is the b-die...
micron e-die is nearly just as good and less than half the cost, and can easily get 3200c14 speeds overclocked
not that ram speeds are a big performance determinant for ryzen 3000 anyway...

Soldato
if you subscribe to the overhyped gouge ram - that is the b-die...
micron e-die is nearly just as good and less than half the cost, and can easily get 3200c14 speeds overclocked
not that ram speeds are a big performance determinant for ryzen 3000 anyway...

it will go up . corsair and gskill have raised their listing 5-7% . others will follow . will make better sense as to why in next few weeks/months . then roll in b550 and BOOM- ITX for yourself !

Associate
Well, my moan about the 3700x and X570 not working is over.

The last chance saloon this morning;
Took the board out of the case, no components fitted, and flashed the bios fine.
Weird how it didnt work in the case.
Then fitted the min components needed to use the bios.
Bios updating screen - finally something working :D
Then got to bios, closed down inserted all components, and got to windows - eventually, had to get used to the components.
Slowly getting used to being back on AMD.
No quality gaming yet, need to clone my hdd first, and check out further settings :D

Soldato
Lol well it's free and in any format I care to rip :) Just a one time thing then I can access it locally from my own hardware. High quality, no internet issues to worry about. Is Spotify like Netflix ie lower quality stream than say a Blu-ray disc?
Obviously, you're not getting lossless audio from Spotify or probably any other streaming service. That would be a pointless waste of bandwidth.

Soldato
Well, my moan about the 3700x and X570 not working is over.

The last chance saloon this morning;
Took the board out of the case, no components fitted, and flashed the bios fine.
Weird how it didnt work in the case.
Then fitted the min components needed to use the bios.
Bios updating screen - finally something working :D
Then got to bios, closed down inserted all components, and got to windows - eventually, had to get used to the components.
Slowly getting used to being back on AMD.
No quality gaming yet, need to clone my hdd first, and check out further settings :D

Awesome news, proving exactly what I was saying yesterday though. ;)

Back
Top Bottom