• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Great video

So....wait...

He did a bunch of videos about AMD. So he feels AMD owes him money for it!? (a couple of grand he mentions). As, obviously they weren't going to pay some random dude for making random videos he then basically throws the toys out the pram and tries to blackmail AMD with saying, if they wont pay him then he will do leak videos.

Then spends the second half of the video trying to say what a good and generous guy he is.

Man I am so done with Jim. Used to love his stuff too.

Last edited:
Great video

This guy is a grade-A idiot.

The Ryzen 3000 and Navi 'leaks' that he was profitting from and hyping for several months (since Dec 2018) being literally almost 100% wrong on everything (clocks, names, SKUs, prices) should have been the end of this guy as someone credible.

It's not even that the leaks were wrong. It's the fact that they exposed him as not being very intelligent, as people like myself were telling him at the time some of the figures he was claiming were not possible, yet he thought they were. He doesn't understand CPUs ffs!

Last edited:
He did get a lot right though, he has come in for a lot of abuse which has been blown a bit out of proportion.
As for the bits he got wrong, the boost clock speeds were obviously out by a fair bit at the top end and pricing was of course out but he did get the chiplet shocker right.

Folk have to remember this is a guessing game half the time, getting 50% of your stuff right seems to be a decent result in my book :p

Great video

His AMDone Part 2 video, or whatever it was called, no longer accessible... was little more than a rant about AMD's marketing practices, fair enough.... but also full of that trope "AMD Fanboys" crap, as the given reason for shoving all his tech content behind a paywall.

Yes there are Fanboys, on all sides, when you start slinging mud using age old tropes indiscriminately at your viewers, your fans, those fans are going to feel betrayed, attacked... they are not going to react well to you.

He should have published Part one, which seemingly has the context, the fact that he put that behind a paywall again just gives the impression he didn't care what people not part of his Patreon thought about the video, as if he was expecting "those people" to react badly anyway. Not helped by this video now pointing at his paywall Discord as a modle of "how people should behave".

Put some context to your video, don't attack people through it, you'll get a better response.

Also: much larger reviewers make a lot of money from their tech content from ads, they all started with nothing and spent years building on the formula that worked best, refining it and in that growing their channel, Speak to JayZ2Cents about that, you don't grow your channel by putting what does get you the most views behind a paywall, you will never grow the channel to 500.000 subscribers + like that.

He did get a lot right though, he has come in for a lot of abuse which has been blown a bit out of proportion.
As for the bits he got wrong, the boost clock speeds were obviously out by a fair bit at the top end and pricing was of course out but he did get the chiplet shocker right.

Folk have to remember this is a guessing game half the time, getting 50% of your stuff right seems to be a decent result in my book :p

It werent 50% he was totally wrong on mostly everything, let's not be revisionist, I know what he did and didnt say as I was a subscriber. The only things he got right were AMD copying Intel with the R9, the chiplet thing he speculated on but said he didn't think they would do it, and other things that make common sense like Ryzen going above 8-cores.

I ordered the crucial 3200 32gb kit of ram, can anyone recommend a decent board for 3600 or 3700x which isn't expensive or is good for the money?

I was going to buy this one, MSI's AM4 boards have a good rep, i may still buy it if AMD sort the Destiny 2 BIOS issues out and MSI make a relevant BIOS for it.

I just don't know anymore, helpfully people with that board can tell us more....

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...ocket-am4-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-33s-ms.html

It werent 50% he was totally wrong on mostly everything, let's not be revisionist, I know what he did and didnt say as I was a subscriber. The only things he got right were AMD copying Intel with the R9, the chiplet thing he speculated on but said he didn't think they would do it, and other things that make common sense like Ryzen going above 8-cores.
I dunno about that, other than the marketing things like name and cost (remember the leak was what 6+ months before details were actually released) he wasn’t far away - the clocks and TDP all line up fairly closely to the chips he leaked.

The CPUs that are missing that he leaked we can now safely say haven’t been released because the better silicon is going towards the server market. The 3950x shows the better silicon definitely can do the higher clock rates.

No he wasnt. He got a lot right or close to it, not going to start listing everything but he was much closer to reality than most wags on the net talking about Zen2.

I dunno about that, other than the marketing things like name and cost (remember the leak was what 6+ months before details were actually released) he wasn’t far away - the clocks and TDP all line up fairly closely to the chips he leaked.

The CPUs that are missing that he leaked we can now safely say haven’t been released because the better silicon is going towards the server market. The 3950x shows the better silicon definitely can do the higher clock rates.
Seems like there's a lot of hate for no reason. He wasn't far off, got the SKU's a grade down, but when you move the SKU's up a level they line up pretty straight. The main anomaly was the 3800X having a 4.8GHz boost instead of 4.5GHz boost putting it below the 3900X, which for all we know was to keep the 3900X as the fastest release SKU rather than any silicon limitation. Though looking at it currently it could well be they decided to use the lower end of the 8C CCX's on the 3700X and 3800X.

I have always suspected that the clocks speeds he mentions were ones AMD were targeting early on in the design - just in the last few months before launch they found they struggled to hit them in quantity so they dropped back a couple of hundred Mhz.

I have always suspected that the clocks speeds he mentions were ones AMD were targeting early on in the design - just in the last few months before launch they found they struggled to hit them in quantity so they dropped back a couple of hundred Mhz.
He actually said something along those lines in a video just before launch as well as take all this with a pinch of salt.

It seems that some almost blame him for cpus not hitting the clocks that they wanted deep down.

That's nonsense, that's not how the design process works as according to this theory, they ended up 500Mhz off their predictions, which is so wild to be stupid. Don't do it to yourself. This is the last post I'm gonna make about the guy but here is his chart:

AdoredTV.png

The idea that 'specs are subject to change' is valid but not by such a margin that it leaves you in no doubt this was made up or faked himself:

- Prices are in some cases hundreds of dollars off or double what he's put here
- Clockspeeds are all wrong on every SKU. And 500Mhz off on base and boost on some SKUs, many hundreds off on the others
- SKU names are all wrong
- APU info is totally wrong (3300g and 3600g 8-core APU supposed to be released by now!!!?)

In addition to this, the icing on the cake was in the same video he posted this fake chart he posted info on NAVI, which was 100% fake too in hindsight. Go back and watch it.

Come on, it was totally made up. I do not understand why he has legions of defenders, AMD fanboy thing? do you not understand he does more harm to AMD than good, right?

Last edited:
That's nonsense, that's not how the design process works as according to this theory, they ended up 500Mhz off their predictions, which is so wild to be stupid. Don't do it to yourself. This is the last post I'm gonna make about the guy but here is his chart:

AdoredTV.png

The idea that 'specs are subject to change' is valid but not by such a margin that it leaves you in no doubt this was made up or faked himself:

- Prices are in some cases hundreds of dollars off or double what he's put here
- Clockspeeds are all wrong on every SKU. And 500Mhz off on base and boost on some SKUs, many hundreds off on the others
- SKU names are all wrong
- APU info is totally wrong (3300g and 3600g 8-core APU supposed to be released by now!!!?)

In addition to this, the icing on the cake was in the same video he posted this fake chart he posted info on NAVI, which was 100% fake too in hindsight. Go back and watch it.

Come on, it was totally made up. I do not understand why he has legions of defenders, AMD fanboy thing? do you not understand he does more harm to AMD than good, right?

Don't know anything about this guy so won't try to get into this debate, even if those specs seem pretty optimistic. My hope is that AMD are keeping some in reserve for whenever the Intel fightback happens, but given the overclocking results we are seeing, I'm not so sure.

The point I did want to make is that, whatever orifice this grid was pulled out of, the naming makes far more sense than the reality. AMD have really and unnecessarily pushed themselves into a corner here naming-wise. With 3950X already taken by AM4, what is left for TR4? Everything as 399x? 3950/70/90T? I guess they might up the first digit to compare with an upgraded chipset, but that creates further confusion and interferes with future mainstream CPU names. The current mess that is USB naming schemes should have told them how not to do it.

Back
Top Bottom