• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Ive installed the x570 MSI Pro Gaming Carbon...And Dragon centre hangs my machine....:(
With drivers/BIOS in their infancy i would forgo/uninstall the RGB control, for now, and ensure stability with your core drivers/software.

Once you've experienced a few weeks of stability and inevitable further updates - hopefully one being Dragon Centre - I would then try testing again.

Or, bin the RGB and you'll have stable system with the bonus of a less distracting case. :p

Soldato
Neither is crashing computers and shortened component life through overheating and dodgy voltages.
@Zeed, would disagree - in fact i think he buys components to specifically bring them to the precipice of a digital nervous breakdown. :D

Is he still on an enforced holiday? I'm missing his updates.

Soldato
@Zeed, would disagree - in fact i think he buys components to specifically bring them to the precipice of a digital nervous breakdown. :D

Is he still on an enforced holiday? I'm missing his updates.
I also fit this category, but then again it got me top 3 in the world on firestrike ultra twice, with vega 64 and radeon 7.;)
Part of being good at it is knowing when to stop I guess
Yes he is relaxing in the non forum sunshine until tuesday I believe

Associate
Tbh mate, literally the only tweak I’ve done is selecting the XMP profile for the RAM. The rest is just running great out of the box.

Pretty much the same tbh, except I've also updated BIOS and disabled PBO. There isn't much headroom for overclocking and it performs great as is.

Soldato
Should I really bother about getting my ram to operate at faster timings?

It seems to be working at 3600MHz - 16 16 16 16 36 @ 1.35v

Lets say hypothetically I managed to get it to run at CL14 what kinda gaming performance gain are we talking here?

Current latency according to Aida 64 is 70ns.

Soldato
Should I really bother about getting my ram to operate at faster timings?

It seems to be working at 3600MHz - 16 16 16 16 36 @ 1.35v

Lets say hypothetically I managed to get it to run at CL14 what kinda gaming performance gain are we talking here?

Current latency according to Aida 64 is 70ns.
Watch the latest links tech tips video and it gives you all the info you could need. Including fps on games

Back
Top Bottom