• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
I don't see why AMD get a free pass with this, I really don't. People aren't getting the fully functional product that they've paid for. It's unacceptable.
No free pass, Intel had this way back as well, when they tried something new.
How are they going to iron these problems without some teething.
Or we could just say this is unacceptable and send them back i suppose

Although my chip is fully functional, it's not boosting as high as advertised, true. But I'm sure it will in time.

Last edited:
Soldato
No free pass, Intel had this way back as well, when they tried something new.
How are they going to iron these problems without some teething.

They don't function as described, it's consumer rights 101. I've bought a 2700x and now a 3700x and I'll think long and hard before buying an AMD CPU again; they just don't work as they should, simple as that.

Soldato
Okay, it doesn't really matter does it?
Just get what you are happy with. I am extremely happy, and was with my 2700x also.

For me in particular, it doesn't matter too much. I ended up buying a 3700x as the 3900x wasn't available, and I sold my 2700x for £150 so all in all the upgrade cost me £150 as I've reused my x470-I & RAM.

Others have spent a lot more, and having a nightmare trying to get it working.

Permabanned
IMG-20190817-181631-1.jpg

Hate to say it but i don't recall having this much trouble with my Intel stuff :/
All i can say welcome to ryzen 3000 everything new besides am4 socket and imc. So bioses are ****... Anyway its 100% memory settings what kit you have use my settings if its samsung b die and start from 3200 upping every day cant rhink of anything else.

Permabanned
I got the same BSOD when I DDUed my previous Radeon Settings 19.7.1, in order to manually update to 19.8.1. It then restarted but in the end of the installation, I was reported "The software wan't properly installed."
I did nothing and it's working normally now.

Can be the chipset driver, can be the Windows itself, can be some hardware instability.....

Soldato
that's exactly what should happen and does in virtually every other consumer market. if those with 'teething' problems were sending them back en masse you could be guaranteed amd and the mobo vendors would be a *****sight quicker at rolling out the fixes that are needed. or they'd have delayed release until a **** ton more of the problems had been ironed out.

Caporegime
The Intel chips have been the same for years, matured into oblivion, this is a brand new arc of a brand new tech it won't be long before joy will be had for all
Waiting until 2020 before jumping on Ryzen 3000.

The number of reported mobo firmware issues is certainly doing a great job of putting me off making the switch now. Lack of 550 chipset mid-range boards is the other factor. Hopefully the Asmedia boards don't need a noisy chipset fan.

But yeah, thanks for being the early adopter beta testers, guys :) Have a beer on me.

Soldato
All i can say welcome to ryzen 3000 everything new besides am4 socket and imc. So bioses are ****... Anyway its 100% memory settings what kit you have use my settings if its samsung b die and start from 3200 upping every day cant rhink of anything else.
I'm just using 2x 8GB sticks out of 4 from my previous Intel setup temporarily, F4-2800C16Q-32GRK. I didn't think I'd get any issues using them, I think they are just running at their rated speed. And I'm not even sure if the RAM is the problem either.

Not much good if it's crashing randomly every so often though is it.

G J

G J

Associate
The problems will get better with time, that part why I went with a 8600k/z370 as it was cheeper but will move once the issues with Ryzen are better or when Zen 3/b550 comes out.

People on here seem really quiet over the potential misleading boost clocks with Ryzen 3, there's quite a big thread on r/AMD atm.

Associate
The problems will get better with time, that part why I went with a 8600k/z370 as it was cheeper but will move once the issues with Ryzen are better or when Zen 3/b550 comes out.

People on here seem really quiet over the potential misleading boost clocks with Ryzen 3, there's quite a big thread on r/AMD atm.
The boost issue seems AGESA related, not related to the chip itself. Mine was boosting fine at first, but after updating the BIOS it boosts less, but the fact that the chipset fan is crazy loud on old BIOS means I'm just gonna endure the slower boosts until they fix it.

Permabanned
I'm just using 2x 8GB sticks out of 4 from my previous Intel setup temporarily, F4-2800C16Q-32GRK. I didn't think I'd get any issues using them, I think they are just running at their rated speed. And I'm not even sure if the RAM is the problem either.

what can i say set fixed v9oltage on SoC 1.125 and ramp llc on soc voltage

Associate

Check your motherboard manual to see which slots are recommended for 2 sticks, usually it's slots A2 and B2.

Reset your bios back to default settings "Load Optimized Defaults". This should run your RAM sticks at the default SPD speed 2133 which should be most compatible for the motherboard. Run memtest86 via bootable USB to make sure you're not getting errors.

Looking on the GSkill specs page for your RAM it suggests the XMP profile is using 2800MHz 16-16-16-36-2T @1.20V. The DRAM voltage seems interesting to me as i've usually seen XMP profiles with 1.35V+ so i wonder which chips the RAM stick is using if XMP profile has DRAM voltage of 1.2V. You could also provide a screenshot of Thaiphoon burner to see what the XMP profile is on the sticks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Was thinking of moving from a 1700 to a 3600 but the bios seems like a buggy mess!

TBH I'm delaying my upgrade until towards the end of the year to give time for drivers, Windows and BIOSes to sort themselves out. It will just be a less painful and frustrating experience if everything has had a bit of time to work out the bugs.

Associate

Except some do boost . . . before the latest Agesa.

https://i.imgur.com/EXERfUV.jpg

Then there are articles saying on only one core. You got to be able to sift through the BS stuff.

Back
Top Bottom