• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Yesterday updated to bios 1.0.0.4.

Why is Ryzen master saying that all my cores are asleep, even during a cinebench run, when they're obviously not?

I had some issues on ryzen master with voltages only showing 1.000v no matter the load after updating to 1.0.0.4 I fixed this by reinstalling chipset drivers so maybe worth a shot.

Associate
And what is the case with the 3950x needing the 1.0.0.4 bios to worj. If I buy a mobo now that doesnt have that and put the 3950x on it do I need to get another processor to flash to the newer bios? Completely clueless and possibly dummy question

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It's for AMD's own good. They don't know what is good for them and this is why they recently were close to bankruptcy.
To put a 16-core HEDT flagship for 1080p gaming and call it a day is more than stupid!
Nah man. Again I get what you are saying, but it is more emotional then actually making business sense. I would like better prices too, but at current prices they are selling loads, why make it any cheaper from a business stand point?

Permabanned
Nah man. Again I get what you are saying, but it is more emotional then actually making business sense. I would like better prices too, but at current prices they are selling loads, why make it any cheaper from a business stand point?

I think that the guilty for this high prices is the AMD itself and no one else. Because they can't simply release a 6-core that is as fast as the old 8-core and order most of the wafers capacity for it, thus limiting the capacity for potential 12-core derivatives.
Also, always, ALWAYS, corp starts with lower-volume higher-end products on a new processing node, and then ramps up with further lower-end higher-volume products releases down the line.

It is all controlled limited supply of highly demanded 12-core product.

Also, where is the promised Ryzen 9 3900?

Associate
TRX40, new socket for Threadripper 3000, so no upgrade path for TR4 (x399) :(

Rubbish isn't it. Intels HEDT is looking much more attractive to me as I just want lanes for NVMe etc. I have enough cores with a 1900x, was happy to get a 3950x on TR4 for extra CPU performance but x570 doesn't do it for me, I have too many drives.

Caporegime
Rubbish isn't it. Intels HEDT is looking much more attractive to me as I just want lanes for NVMe etc. I have enough cores with a 1900x, was happy to get a 3950x on TR4 for extra CPU performance but x570 doesn't do it for me, I have too many drives.

How many NVME drives do you need? You can have 3 on the board on X570 plus more on a PCIE riser.

Associate
How many NVME drives do you need? You can have 3 on the board on X570 plus more on a PCIE riser.

More, I have already fill my slots and an addin cards, I don’t use sata so there’s no space for add in cards on 570 as you lose the x4 when you use 3 m2 slots and with 2 gpus your done.

Despite all the naysayers mgpu is still a thing and it works.

Soldato
If AMD can't keep a part on the shelves, the price for that part is not too high. It's arguably too low.

We will have to wait and see for these upcoming parts, but a lot of "votes" have been cast for the existing parts already...and AMD has generally been vindicated thus far.

Caporegime
When AMD's high end parts are more expensive than Intel's high end parts......

But are they? AMD's 'Mainstream' £750 3950X is rumoured to be faster than Intel best £1000 10980XE 'HEDT', Threadripper 3000 are all more expensive than Anything Intel sell retail, but they will also utterly crush anything Intel have.

Its all relative, AMD may now have a really expensive Mainstream part, relative to Intel, relative to Intel its also much better, so much better its better than Intel best HEDT part, so are they relatively expensive? No! They are relatively cheap, its just that Intel can't keep up/

4bc434ebb8da619709acc6fac0871930427b715dc7b5bf5070141eba4f26d6f4.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom