• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
One thing we should all remember - AMD aren't going to give anything away for free.

If they offer better chips than the competition they aren't going to price themselves at 1/2 of the cost of the competing products (or even less as some suggest). To think this way is nonsense. Even if it happened before I really don't think it's going to happen in 2019. AMD are at pains not to be "the budget brand" if you remember.
I do agree. Judging by the vega card I think they will price close to Intel. Still excited.

Associate
On the clock speed side of things, assuming that MCE and all the... ahem... clock buggery that the latest intel chips like to sneak in to things were off.. ang going by the power usage it looked like that as the intel side was running reasonable power figures..

Then we can presume that a 9900k with its obligatory what.. 400Mhz or so overclock on all cores would end up faster than this ES which is likely a 100 or so Mhz off its final speed. This would perhaps put the 9900k ahead assuming the zen2 clocks like the older gens.. however i doubt zen2 would need a massively aggressive all core OC to sail past the now nuclear furnace 9900k which will be pulling something daft like twice the power.. so i think Intel is even cooked on raw clock speed now as well.

I wanted it to destroy the 9900k

Fact is

We have Rad 7 for £700 thats as fast as my 1080ti

and a Zen chip thats on par with a 9900k

Now either you AMD lot are all on crack but thats the facts...

No mention of what tier zen it was, no mention of clock speed
The facts are, you paid a fortune for your 1080ti, another fortune for the 9900K, another fortune for the Z390 board, and AMD buyers can buy a CPU of equivalent performance, likely half the price, slap in a RADEON VII, place them in their EXISTING board, and connect them to a monitor that doesn't have proprietor technology inflated prices...and they'll match your performance, and probably be able to afford another RADEON VII with their change.

Soldato
who is buying amd new chips for cinebench scores ? who is buying for actual gaming performance ?

honestly answer is you already know how this is going to end up. amd have just done what they always do. give as little info as possible. so all the diehards lap it up. then in six months time " quote me on this " intel will still have those same top end gaming cpus in front " look at all the amd demos they do this same stuff every time. i dont get why so many fall for it. use logic. not sales tactic to sell you a high scoring cb cpu when you buying it for a gaming chip lol.
But we all know your opion of a gaming cpu is running at 400fps at 720p... ... At 90 degrees.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
who is buying amd new chips for cinebench scores ? who is buying for actual gaming performance ?

honestly answer is you already know how this is going to end up. amd have just done what they always do. give as little info as possible. so all the diehards lap it up. then in six months time " quote me on this " intel will still have those same top end gaming cpus in front " look at all the amd demos they do this same stuff every time. i dont get why so many fall for it. use logic. not sales tactic to sell you a high scoring cb cpu when you buying it for a gaming chip lol.

175 IQ btw

Soldato

Jesus Christ you are a broken record. I don't give a toss which company has the best halo product when its price/performance ratio is garbage because I'm not a fanboy. I want a great product for a reasonable price on a well supported platform that will last a long time.

Caporegime

Strokes 1080ti- same speed as cutting edge Rad7
Strokes 9900k faster than Zen 2

:D

Shame I wanted AMD to destroy my rig but no cigar!

Caporegime
The facts are, you paid a fortune for your 1080ti, another fortune for the 9900K, another fortune for the Z390 board, and AMD buyers can buy a CPU of equivalent performance, likely half the price, slap in a RADEON VII, place them in their EXISTING board, and connect them to a monitor that doesn't have proprietor technology inflated prices...and they'll match your performance, and probably be able to afford another RADEON VII with their change.

RAD 7 is 699
I paid 599 for 1080ti

I paid 499 for 9900k

You have no argument.

So AMD have *nearly*, but not quite, caught up to where Intel was 6 months ago. Whoop de doo. The only thing that will make this interesting is how much they can undercut Intel by price.

By the time these CPUs come to market Intel will have most likely moved further ahead anyway.
With what?
They already pushed the boundary with the 9900K. Where are they going to go for performance?

Soldato
One thing we should all remember - AMD aren't going to give anything away for free.

If they offer better chips than the competition they aren't going to price themselves at 1/2 of the cost of the competing products (or even less as some suggest). To think this way is nonsense. Even if it happened before I really don't think it's going to happen in 2019. AMD are at pains not to be "the budget brand" if you remember.
They need market share though and are in a weak position compared to Intel and Nvidia. They're not going to get it if they price themselves equivalently. When Nvidia had the overpriced GTX 200 series AMD massively undercut them with the equivalent 4000 series so they've done it before. The reason why this strategy didn't work as well as they hoped was because of Nvidia's massive mind share and AMD's poor marketing.

Back
Top Bottom