• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
The rumor was for the 3700x to have a base clock of 4.2ghz - I would guess that the RGT leak is around all core turbo. At 4.55ghz that's what 400mhz over the 2700x on all core? If single core mirrors that it would be around 4.8Ghz. Not too shabby if that is standard. Though if the 2700x is anything to go by the chances of achieving better results by overclocking versus XFR are slim.

It is going to all depend on the mythical IPC numbers to see where it sits against Intels top offerings.

Now we need to know if those figures relate to the reported B0 stepping or earlier samples. Factoring in slightly higher IPC and more cores for an equivalent price I can see Intel being matched and beaten depending on the benchmark. I think the 5GHz clocks may come with Ryzen 4000 tweaks.

Soldato
I love how people are saying "cool, cool i'll get the 3600x" and "Im going to go for the 3700x", "3700 for me".

Guys... wtf. How can you possible say that stuff? You don't actually have a clue yet what is getting released. We don't even know that they will be called 3xxx at all, let alone what the "3600" would be exactly.
All we have is some leaks. Yet people are talking like its concrete stuff.

Soldato
I love how people are saying "cool, cool i'll get the 3600x" and "Im going to go for the 3700x", "3700 for me".

Guys... wtf. How can you possible say that stuff? You don't actually have a clue yet what is getting released. We don't even know that they will be called 3xxx at all, let alone what the "3600" would be exactly.

3599X for me

Active cooling on some X570 chipset/mobo's is a little concerning, must be running fairly hot under certain conditions/load.

Not too long now though, the higher peak clock speed on the 12 core is looking like where it's at.
But it will be interesting to see how far the 16 core can be OCed on water though.

Soooo looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Active cooling on some X570 chipset/mobo's is a little concerning, must be running fairly hot under certain conditions/load.

Well when you start offering a PCH with double or maybe even quadruple the bandwidth available to the rest of the board, if you are pushing data through most/all of those PCI-E lanes it's gonna get hot. Lets not forget that most of the Zen/Zen+ lanes were supplied by the CPU which is actively cooled, and the PCH on the X470 etc. was only 4x lanes of PCI-E 3.0 split into whatever the board manufacturer saw fit.

Soldato

Not too long now though, the higher peak clock speed on the 12 core is looking like where it's at.
But it will be interested to see how far the 16 core can be OCed on water though.

Soooo looking forward to it.

Depending on the storage configuration of choice, there's more power drawn through the chipset than what's typical.

Caporegime

I'm getting a 3600X.

Caporegime
What if the 3600X turns out to be poor value for money and the 3700X makes more sense? I mean I understand it's not likely but what's the point in saying what you will buy before we even know anything meaningful about it?

Depends on price, whatever its going to be its going to be better than my 1600. which has served me very well, great chip.

Soldato
Buying the 12 core 4.5ghz+ all core model assuming its a reasonable price. End of the day it will be a good upgrade from my old 6 core x58 :)

Associate
the one thing making me fairly moist is the *upto 4000mhz (OC) memory compat listed under the x570 board specs ( other than the fairly beefy VRM and PCI-E IO ) hopefully this generally does translate into meaningful performance increases across single and multi IPC

Associate
Oh same here. Im likely going to be buying Zen 2.
But Im not going around saying "x" chip is a certain spec or discussing what we are planning to buy based on leaks. We just don't know what is coming yet.
Correct we don't. Though with reasonable speculation on what's possible and with recent leaks suggesting the original thought processes around performance seem to be accurate, we can make educated guesses as to what suits our needs prior to release. Doesn't mean we shouldn't wait for more information and actual release testing though.

Soldato
the one thing making me fairly moist is the *upto 4000mhz (OC) memory compat listed under the x570 board specs ( other than the fairly beefy VRM and PCI-E IO ) hopefully this generally does translate into meaningful performance increases across single and multi IPC

Both the 3 and 4 series boards support 4000 memory, you just have bugger all chance of running it that fast :p.

I'm interested to see if Zen 2 can run faster memory on 3/4 series boards. Will be completely "unsupported" and YMMV but should be possible

Back
Top Bottom