• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Obviously he doesn't actually. Hence why Turing sales are terrible and Nvidia stock in tumbling.

To be fair there's not really a competitor to Turing (RTX and all the guff) and bringing something 'new' to market is always a bit of an unknown so the whole your competitor sets your price thing goes out the window.

Permabanned
CCX, that's the same as my 1600, why is that a problem?
I was hoping that 1 chiplet = 1ccx with 8cores and depending on bad cores uses as given cpu. 12 core with this will be 4ccx cou like threadripper. Thats one of reasons why Ryzen got high memory latency... now i dont know if i want 12 core....

Associate
No problem with 4x 3 core CCX. More cache per core. If anything, thats good for latency.
I think that is one reason why 2600X is sometimes ahead of 2700X in games at lower clocks.

Soldato
Soldato
Dont really care about fan noise tbh, i game with a headset on like many other people, so quite simply never hear anything other than the game noises, besides from all ive read these fans only kick in over a certain temp and have a wind down on them etc. I think more of an issue is being made from these than needs to be, seems sometimes people look for any excuse to naysay new tech :( not pointing fingers, just saying in general.

Caporegime
I still think AMD are playing a much smarter game this time. Changing pricing to match market conditions, selling at prices that reflect their performance vs the competition. I am starting to think there is a subsection of AMD loyalists that support them purely for cheap hardware and now they're not there's some bitterness. Some of which is being directed at those seen to have given false hope.
People who bought AMD because they offered better value for money are acting in a sane way. That those people would not support AMD when they started to look like Intel is also rational.

The people who would support AMD even if they behaved exactly like Intel are the people with irrational "fanboy" motivation and faulty logic.

If AMD wants to behave like Intel then it can obviously expect to lose some of its customers.

Caporegime
I wonder if AMD know that theres a market for single Chiplet 8 Cores, there's clearly interest for it, but then again we dont actually know how they perform latency wise.

Back
Top Bottom