• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
I can see why Intel are trying to bait with best gaming performance with the 9900KS, but its clutching at straws. Give or take 1-2% for both but value for money, AMD kill it.

Caporegime
mmmmm it kinda is, but anyway we will soon see .... again.

It really isn't, but I'm not that fussed.

Well, there's something people probably didn't take into consideration.
While the 3800X has higher stock clocks, it's entirely possible that when the 3800X is maxed, the 3900X will be running 4000MHZ for example, rather than its stock clock (Because not all cores being used)

Associate

While the 3800X has higher stock clocks, it's entirely possible that when the 3800X is maxed, the 3900X will be running 4000MHZ for example, rather than its stock clock (Because not all cores being used)

nor am i , just healthy disscussion .

Granted boost clocks for all core vs TDP might have a larger role to play here , guess we will need more benches to come forward before anythings a full gone conclusion.

Soldato

I suspect the question of 105W TDP limiting the clocks they quote. Let it off it's leash and the 3900X will shine... at a somewhat higher TDP

Associate
Nvidia price drop and new cards will kill off navi at its msrp.

AMD really going after high margins on the gpu front but it will fail.

+1

I'm also pretty underwhelmed by the CPUs - at their price points - too.

All these years, just to trade blows with Intel. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom