• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Permabanned
When I think about it AMD should have shown something like I did all em years ago on my 1700x
With extra 4 cores and more of everything wow would be running at 60fps easy !!!!

When I get that 12 core cpu ill try this again :D

Associate
x570 board prices arn't looking good at all

https://www.techpowerup.com/256443/...-motherboard-price-list-paints-a-horror-story

i understand they will be pricy but hell the top asus board is going to hit our wallets hard :(

The article is a bit hyperbolic.

The lowest priced X470 boards on Overclockers are £130 now.

They're saying the lowest X570 boards start at $150? What's the issue really, the difference this time is there are a lot more at the ultra high end when really there wasn't many X470 boards at all.

Associate
And Intel could have made those comparisons for about 6 years.
It's just bad form.

AMD have a cracking product, just didn't see the point in whatever that was.

I mean wasnt Intel the one that said "if you want this crown come beat us in real world gaming", AMD just showed it can go toe to toe, while streaming and the 9900K fell short. It was extreme but AMD did it to shut them up.

Caporegime
I mean wasnt Intel the one that said "if you want this crown come beat is in the real world gaming", AMD just showed it can go toe to toe while streaming while the 9900K fell short. It was extreme but AMD dod it to shut them up.

That's not the same thing.
You could take probably taken an FX8350 to an i5 3570K and done the exact same thing and tanked the i5. Wouldn't have proved anything.

Soldato
And Intel could have made those comparisons for about 6 years.
It's just bad form.

AMD have a cracking product, just didn't see the point in whatever that was.
You don't need to brag when you are the massive market leader. Intel barely needed to do a thing they had the better product by far. AMD NEEDS to get into consumers heads. If they don't it won't mean anything.

Associate
You could take probably taken an FX8350 to an i5 3570K and done the exact same thing and tanked the i5. Wouldn't have proved anything.

except that CPU A can do what CPU B cant do. It doesnt prove anything in terms of gaming and application performance , but shows where the limits of said CPU are at and what potential is there. Ferrari vs lambo , both do 200mph but one can toe a caravan at that speed , doing more without loss of performance.

Caporegime
except that CPU A can do what CPU B cant do. It doesnt prove anything in terms of gaming and application performance , but shows where the limits of said CPU are at and what potential is there. Ferrari vs lambo , both do 200mph but one can toe a caravan at that speed , doing more without loss of performance.

Everyone knew that an FX8350 had more overall performance than an i5 3570K. The problem was it had to use the 7th and 8th cores to do so.
Certainly wasn't a better gamer at the time.

It had specific uses where it was better than an i5, but then worse than an i7 3770K.

Permabanned

It would actually prove that we are thread count starved. Long time ago was when we needed a single core at let's say nx10GHz...
It's a mistake by AMD to showcase that a 12-core solves your multi-tasking problem, and then don't build their entire lineup around 12-core offerings.

I know that they need the chiplets, but if the chiplets are the problem, why did they move to chiplets and not to different die sizes? Meh!

Associate
Everyone knew that an FX8350 had more overall performance than an i5 3570K. The problem was it had to use the 7th and 8th cores to do so.
Certainly wasn't a better gamer at the time.

no doubt went from an 8350 to 4770k at the time , well versed with its down falls. dont really think its aged any better except for the rare tittle but certainnly not everyone was aware of what it was actually capable of by the time it was bashed to high heavens

Associate
Streaming is a big thing for people now days, if you can play on max settings at high refresh rate and stream it without worrying that your CPU melts is a win-win for the consumer. Whether some people think is extreme or not, they have a valid point and that can be a deal breaker for some.

Caporegime
Streaming is a big thing for people now days, **** if you can play on max settings at high refresh rate and stream it without worrying that your CPU melts is a win-win for the consumer. Whether some people think is extreme or not, they have a valid point.

And considering the 3900X doesn't exist for consumers yet, they're obviously managing somehow without running a slide show.

Associate
Actually most people that stream have a streaming PC and a gaming PC, which is less practical, costs more, and takes up more space.

mmmmmm , id be inclinded to disagree. Maybe for the Famous masses that are actually sucsessful streamers/youtubers with some financial backing. Anyone i know that streams ( theres a good couple dozen ) uses a single machine for everything.

Back
Top Bottom