• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Permabanned
I work as a VMware consultant for a large IT business. Whenever I suggest single socket EPYC based servers they look at me like all weird.

This, in general, doesn't speak well about their technical and job competencies. Either they receive from intel CPUs for free, or they are blind fanboys of the monopoly corp.

Associate
I suspect its close to the real performance, there is prob a few % in the chipset and scheduler changes although not a lot.
XFR and PB will be the big jumps, so far we aint really seem much of that in leaks, a water cooled Zen2 chip given freedom to clock will no doubt really shift.

Permabanned
I suspect its close to the real performance, there is prob a few % in the chipset and scheduler changes although not a lot.
XFR and PB will be the big jumps, so far we aint really seem much of that in leaks, a water cooled Zen2 chip given freedom to clock will no doubt really shift.
The new version of the chipset drivers that will only enhance the performance of the AMD 3000 cpus, this new chipset drivers are only available on the 7th. take intercore communication to another level, forget the windows updates they only offer minimal improvements.

Permabanned
The new version of the chipset drivers that will only enhance the performance of the AMD 3000 cpus, this new chipset drivers are only available on the 7th. take intercore communication to another level, forget the windows updates they only offer minimal improvements.

But how will reviews be ready in time, if there are no ready drivers till the end of next week?

Associate
Hopefully the board cooling on low end x570s will have mounting holes so we can replace with something larger, then stick a slow, quiet, 80mm fan on it. Looks like some of the boards have the fan fairly low on the board, so with a little luck a replacement heatsink won't cause clearance issues with the GPU.

Associate

Live stream just gone up: PCWorld and Robert from AMD.
Just finished watching and a cracking stream with lots of great info and down into the details. The AMD guys came across really well, passionate enthusiasts and happy to share.

Can't wait for the reviews on the 7th :)

Back
Top Bottom