• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

because Ryzen cpus have terrible latency and the L3 cache reduces the latency in real world applications.
Reduced latency = more fps
That's the crux of it; if you have to go to memory less often then you have lower effective latency in the real world. In fact, it would not surprise me if Zen 2 had lower effective latency than you get with Intel despite the 20ns penalty when going to memory.

Soldato
Great stream. ANd it looks like AMD did indeed give us the significant Nvidia price undercut after all: 5700XT was matched against the RTX 2070 Founders Edition and they're giving us similar performance for a whopping $150 less.

Such a shame then AMD don't seem to be aware AIB cards are much cheaper. Still, it bodes well for 5700XT's performance if it's matching the Founders Edition.

Associate
Just finished watching and a cracking stream with lots of great info and down into the details. The AMD guys came across really well, passionate enthusiasts and happy to share.

Can't wait for the reviews on the 7th :)

Would like to play poker against the Radeon guy he could not help himself from showing that they have a very good product in the new ryzen.

Soldato
Soldato
I was wondering if Intel would find a dodgy way to try and undermine the Zen 2 release.

I was reading the Videocardz article on the new Nvidia cards and read the comments,and loads of comments about a Wall Street Journal "article" on AMD,accusing AMD of Chinese collusion,as they had a JV with them.

OFC,the same shills ignore all the links Intel had with making and developing stuff in China too(and them supplying supercomputers),or the JV Qualcomm had for years in China or VIA making X86 CPUs.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
wow, the L3 cache alone increases gaming performance by 20%

I assumed they meant 20% of the overall improvement?

qMcEgXTegugq8vyW.jpg

in one title, though, not bad....

Associate
I assumed they meant 20% of the overall improvement?

qMcEgXTegugq8vyW.jpg

in one title, though, not bad....

I can't remember what was said when this slide was presented, but the slide itself isn't very clear how they're measuring "performance gain" and whether Zen 2 "double L3 cache" is vs Zen+ or vs a half cache Zen 2. If it's comparing Zen 2 vs Zen+, then "performance gains" are unlikely to be solely attributable to double L3 cache size.

My takeaway from this is there's hope that Zen 2 will be less sensitive to RAM speed and latency compared with previous gen Ryzen.

Eagerly awaiting reviews to understand more.

Soldato
Well hot damn! The Gigabyte Aorus Extreme with passive chipset cooling might be worth the silly price.

MSI mentioned at computex how "Silent" their fans were; and that board is MSI's second top dog!
It looks like even MSI's 'basic' motherboard should be pretty silent when not being hammered. I remember having a dfi lanparty mobo and that had a fan on it (that eventually died). I disconnected the fan and carried on, seemed to work well enough.

Soldato
It looks like even MSI's 'basic' motherboard should be pretty silent when not being hammered. I remember having a dfi lanparty mobo and that had a fan on it (that eventually died). I disconnected the fan and carried on, seemed to work well enough.

Not long now for reviews, and I intend on getting some PCIe 4 drives also, since their announced pricing is very good on those.

I just remember my nforce board sounding like a banshee, and I’m quite sensitive. No one else can hear my GPUs whine, but it cuts through my ears without headphones on.

Hoping we get some decent audio profile tests under load,a nd with multiple drives added.

Soldato
NDA's are bull. It's ridiculous all these professional reviewers and testers already have these chips and will have benchmarked them and yet we can't here results until after the CPUs go on sale. so Stupid.

Back
Top Bottom