• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
^^^^ In my experience Intel are actually great at providing all test materials well in advance of launch for us at OCUK.

You have time to find such stuff Humbug!!! Dear Me!!!

Hows your Ryzen 3XXX testing going?? You did not say??..... You said a lot though about this product..I presume your testing is very very comprehensive....

I'd hope so ! amount of Intel sales caseking provides- i'd expect them to fly you over and test ... :D

nice to hear the CLC is shaping up ! haven't seen but will it included QDC option ?

Soldato
@8 Pack
Will these work on the x570 gigabyte extreme at their rated speed of 3600.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/g.sk...hannel-kit-f4-3600c17q-64gtzkw-my-104-gs.html

Didn't you hear him??

You know this do you??? No they absolutely have not had any high end chips for months!!!! Motherboard Vendors hardly have any CPUs for board development.... So please stop typing this stuff..

No one has high end chips so no one knows if the motherboards will even work with the Ryzen CPUs,let alone RAM compatability.

So I would wait a few weeks after reviews drop,in case all the X570 motherboards explode. You never know!! :D

Saw what happened with the Sandy Bridge B2 chipset fiasco,even with all those completed CPUs,Intel still couldn't make motherboards which would not work. Only cost them a billion dollars.

OcUK Staff
I did not try any gigabyte yet......... I tried all other vendors boards!!!

I actually tried that kit in ASRock Taichi ...working fine....

Of course also you need a decent IMC to run 3600/1800 in 1:1 MEM/IF speeds with 64gb...

Permabanned
Didn't you hear him??

No one has high end chips so no one knows if the motherboards will even work with the Ryzen CPUs,let alone RAM compatability.

So I would wait a few weeks after reviews drop,in case all the X570 motherboards explode. You never know!! :D

Saw what happened with the Sandy Bridge B2 chipset fiasco,even with all those completed CPUs,Intel still couldn't make motherboards which would not work. Only cost them a billion dollars.

No, dont have super hearing like superman

Soldato
No, dont have super hearing like superman

You might want to see his post on the previous page:

hurried testing? They have had the chips for MONTHS! what difference does releasing the reviews a few days earlier mean???

Also, I'm not against NDA per say. (So all reviewers release ta the same time). But make that time BEFORE the product launch to Joe Consumer.

You know this do you??? No they absolutely have not had any high end chips for months!!!! Motherboard Vendors hardly have any CPUs for board development.... So please stop typing this stuff..

Also I saw you mentioned reviews...STOP again at that point... The only true review is you using the product........

R20 is not running AVX512 at all as Rossi says.

Someone said AMD must have done testing,and he said motherboard vendors had no access to ANY CPUs for their motherboards.

So he basically is saying the X570 motherboards are being released with no testing with the higher end Ryzen 2 SKUs like the 3900X,since vendors had no access to CPUs. So no CPU testing and by extension there can't be RAM testing too.

I thank him for saying this as I thought of pre-ordering a Ryzen 5 3600X or Ryzen 7 3700X but I won't know if the motherboard vendors haven't done any proper testing. I will also tell everyone else I know to hold off for a month or so.

Don't wan't another Zen 1 scenario.

Last edited:
Permabanned
X2 will find you more than 1-2 degrees.
Happy days always fighting for those tiny temperature drops on Zen cant wait where stability gous out of window. With Zen+ 77-78c c on full load was when massive voltage jumps ware needed to get stability going for just 25mhz extra. Feels like It's ne of products I'm hyped to test out with some conductonaut. And Samsung A-die kits exciting times ahead :)

Ye good choince not having social media thats where all the knowhows are :D I rather have a look myself spend few hundred hours playing around.

Caporegime
Watching atm. Interesting I'm personalty sure that 9900ks will beat Zen2 in gaming

Why? It's just all core. It's not going to do much for it's already pretty neato Single core perf.

It's also going to cost you and be an utterly pointless upgrade if you're already on the 9900K as it is unless you really love scratching that itch.

Associate
KS is just a panic release to try and bring in a few multicore benches they would otherwise loose badly in.
To be honest its not looking like intels single thread lead is going to be sustained after he 7th, the results so far show Zen2 to be close if not ahead in a lot of light work.

Caporegime
You have time to find such stuff Humbug!!! Dear Me!!!

Hows your Ryzen 3XXX testing going?? You did not say??..... You said a lot though about this product..I presume your testing is very very comprehensive....

I din't need to find it the video was posted a couple pages back, let's just stick to the topic, a Mod would have reprimanded any one of us for posting troll grenading crap like that.

Permabanned
Why? It's just all core. It's not going to do much for it's already pretty neato Single core perf.

It's also going to cost you and be an utterly pointless upgrade if you're already on the 9900K as it is unless you really love scratching that itch.
simple cause at this moment no one can tell what is ZEN2's all core boost while gaming. If 9900ks is all core while gaming then ye i can see it beoing faster out of the box aka what 9/10 people buying cpus care about.
@Stephanie Peterson talking purely about gaming out of box no overclocking. Stock vs Stock I can see why Intel is challenging AMD hehe. They can always pull out that 28 core liquid nitrogen cooled cpu and show gaming on that for overclocked resoults lol.

Caporegime
simple cause at this moment no one can tell what is ZEN2's all core boost while gaming. If 9900ks is all core while gaming then ye i can see it beoing faster out of the box aka what 9/10 people buying cpus care about.
@Stephanie Peterson talking purely about gaming out of box no overclocking. Stock vs Stock I can see why Intel is challenging AMD hehe. They can always pull out that 28 core liquid nitrogen cooled cpu and show gaming on that for overclocked resoults lol.

The vast, vast majority if people want a cheap CPU and this ultra-binned flagship is well out of that ideal, it's more of a statement and frankly trying keep up in multicore tasks is the main aim.

Yes the vast majority of people also don't want to tinker at all, but the niche is still a niche. Regardless until it's tested, i'm not sure i care about the KS.

Associate
KS is just a panic release to try and bring in a few multicore benches they would otherwise loose badly in.
To be honest its not looking like intels single thread lead is going to be sustained after he 7th, the results so far show Zen2 to be close if not ahead in a lot of light work.
They will still have the straw of single thread latency sensitive stuff like web benchmarks

Soldato
I din't need to find it the video was posted a couple pages back, let's just stick to the topic, a Mod would have reprimanded any one of us for posting troll grenading crap like that.
don't waste your time mate. a lot of his posts are inflammatory, barely legible nonsense, trolling,or just plain offensive. never mind a reprimand anyone else would be banned. baffled that OcUK and indeed their parent company allow him to behave like this on their public forum. i've never known any other company allow one of it's employees to insult customers publicly and not act. though to be fair they may not even be aware (parent company that is - OcUK know full well how he often behaves on the forums)

Back
Top Bottom