• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Wonder what my chances will be driving to ocuk on Monday morning and walking out with a board and a 3900x?

I'll be in Staffordshire Saturday and Sunday night but stock may be limited.

Soldato
Am I wrong in thinking that you'll be able to pre-order stuff from tomorrow?

I could have sworn I heard/read about July 1st having something to do with Zen 2 launch, such as motherboard & CPU's being up for pre-order.

EDIT:

Never mind, just saw the the above link to 'Gibbo' explaining the situation.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Am I wrong in thinking that you'll be able to pre-order stuff from tomorrow?

I could have sworn I heard/read about July 1st having something to do with Zen 2 launch, such as motherboard & CPU's being up for pre-order.

yeah amd said 1st of july for pre orders, BUT ocuk HAS NO PRE ORDERS!!!!! as for anyone else who knows.

Soldato
yeah amd said 1st of july for pre orders, BUT ocuk HAS NO PRE ORDERS!!!!! as for anyone else who knows.

Really crappy of them....shady retail practices like this are unacceptable TBH. The only reason they're doing is it because they intend to gouge on the 7th and don't want any of their competitors to know by how much or they want to see how much others will try and gouge so they can put the prices at the same level.

..pretty much guarantees they've lost out on the £1K I was planning to spend on new CPU, Mobo & RAM.

..Even if they're the only one's with stock, I'd rather wait until the next stock up at other places, than reward such blatant greed.

Last edited:

Ree

Ree

Associate
Really crappy of them....shady retail practices like this are unacceptable TBH. The only reason they're doing is it because they intend to gouge on the 7th and don't want any of their competitors to know by how much.

i'll just buy it elsewhere if that's the case.

Caporegime
Really crappy of them....shady retail practices like this are unacceptable TBH. The only reason they're doing is it because they intend to gouge on the 7th and don't want any of their competitors to know by how much or they want to see how much others will try and gouge so they can put the prices at the same level.

..pretty much guarantees they've lost out on the £1K I was planning to spend on new CPU, Mobo & RAM.

..Even if they're the only one's with stock, I'd rather wait until the next stock up at other places, than reward such blatant greed.

You've obviously never actually seen a CPU launch before. You're completely wrong.

Wonder what my chances will be driving to ocuk on Monday morning and walking out with a board and a 3900x?

I'll be in Staffordshire Saturday and Sunday night but stock may be limited.

I imagine pretty high unless stock's dire. But unless there's been reports of bad stock I wouldn't be worried.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Where did AMD say pre-orders?
Nowhere has anyone provided proof of AMD saying Pre-orders tomorrow.

im sure i saw it on one of the key notes direct from lisa su, if not wait a week.

does baffle me why so many people NEEEEED to pre order just wait a couple of days :p

GAC

GAC

Soldato
I’m not worried about preordering, but I do think it would be decent of OCUK to give us advance warning of pricing.

they can do they can drop prices saturday which is still plenty of time for people to run the numbers before ordering sunday.

end of the day we know the us dollar prices so should be able to get a rough idea of how much it will cost. will a fiver either way make that much of a difference ?

Caporegime
they can do they can drop prices saturday which is still plenty of time for people to run the numbers before ordering sunday.

end of the day we know the us dollar prices so should be able to get a rough idea of how much it will cost. will a fiver either way make that much of a difference ?
You’re assuming they won’t be gouging.

Back
Top Bottom