• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

OcUK Staff
4 x 8gb of your teamdark pro cl14 3200 in a gigabyte ultra gaming and 3800x, good idea or no?
I dunno that did not test even one gigabyte x570 board... I know its working on all others though...

Why would you need to wait for benchmarks of 4 sticks of memory?? Although in my testing so far efficiency takes a very small hit with four sticks over two...

OcUK Staff
didn't, in one of his videos, he mention that was worst case? i.e. the poorest quality 8 pin connector that barely meets the standard, and the lowest gauge PSU cable? I can't remember if he ever mentioned a range, or best case, but I'm assuming ~400-450W?

Why is info on the CH8 hero so light?

CH8 hero is solid... Most efficient board I tried so far.... And 4800c20 no problem. Although 3600c14 would be my tuning option...

Associate
I currently have an Asus X370 Prime Pro and 32gb 2400mhz memory.

My plan is to upgrade to 3900X, I'm not fussed about motherboard features.

How much difference really would 2400mhz memory make in productivity tasks? Will I need to upgrade the memory?

Associate
I might just be holding onto my Strix X370-F, it seems like it has good VRMs after all. And, even though I plan to buy a 3900x which might stress it a bit, I do plan to go for a 3950x later this year. By then I should know what x570 board to go for and hell maybe even get one at a decent price :).

OcUK Staff
It's like 100mhz on the cpu on multicore depending on task so yes you gimping the CPU both in terms of ram and infinity fabric by running that... 2400 stuff... It's below stock imc...

Last edited:
Soldato

How much difference really would 2400mhz memory make in productivity tasks? Will I need to upgrade the memory?
Depends what tasks. Going from 2666 MHz to 3000 MHz with "safe" timings increased the performance of my R7 1700 in Phoronix test suite by ~10% I think (I'd have to check my records at home).

GAC

GAC

Soldato

im on the same board running the ole trusty 8pack team group dark silly long name ram at 3000 14-14-14-31 which is slightly faster than it would do previously to the latest bios update before it would eventually throw out random crashes/issues at anything tighter than cas 16.

id expect you to at least be able to get 3000 at cas 16, you tried running it any faster at all ???

Soldato
Journey where do you get this stuff from??.... You have contacts at disti??

Well you know you work for OCUK, and design systems etc. for them, I do what you do but for Industriual/Commercial/Military applications, so yes I have contacts, but you won't find a system from me in someones front room more like on a warship or in the BBC's broadcast control rooms. :)

Associate
You guys complaining about the strange concept of "price gouging" is so weird.

It's just the way the market works, this isn't the government owing you a "fair" price.
If there's enough demand and ways for someone to make more money, then the price goes up.
Is the way anyone with a brain would run a business.

I bought Ram and Nvme drive last week, expecting this to happen... This is a huge launch for our niche market, of course they want to make the most of it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well you know you work for OCUK, and design systems etc. for them, I do what you do but for Industriual/Commercial/Military applications, so yes I have contacts, but you won't find a system from me in someones front room more like on a warship or in the BBC's broadcast control rooms. :)
DO they use Radeon 7's on warships or they prefer nvidia ? :D

Soldato
German rainforest has pre-orders up. Prices are...high. GBP equivalents:

R5 3600: £236
R5 3600X: £287
R7 3700X: £367
R7 3800X: £414
R9 3900X £489

OcUK Staff
Well your contacts are wrong.

Gaming is by far the least comercial market for 8Pack units. Although its still healthy numbers I target comercial customers who need more speed for 95%+ of my sales.

OcUK Staff
You guys complaining about the strange concept of "price gouging" is so weird.

It's just the way the market works, this isn't the government owing you a "fair" price.
If there's enough demand and ways for someone to make more money, then the price goes up.
Is the way anyone with a brain would run a business.

I bought Ram and Nvme drive last week, expecting this to happen... This is a huge launch for our niche market, of course they want to make the most of it.

For me if it's your passion and you have the money then who cares so much about price. Save this, save that but in the time your saving you could be enjoying the product and enhancing your job / hobby from owning it.

Back
Top Bottom