• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
EEK. My DPD driver found it impossible to follow the delivery note I had added by DPD via a phone call.
I've added a clear instruction to my address for the future (amazon drones needed it too but never had problems with dpd until today); I'm sure they get frustrated with people not being home but they really can't complain when they goto the wrong address :rolleyes:

Associate
Too much hassle to upload pic from phone. Thought I was nearly ready to power up then realized I still need to take the GPU out of this PC.......

I'm in the BIOS. Aorus Ultra / 3900x: BIOS Version F2, guess I update that and install windows........

Memory and NVMe seem to be recognized ok. Thought had screwed up at first as TV was slow to display output and completely silent due to no drives / fans running.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
DPD say my 3900x and Aorus Ultra isn't due until 12ish :mad:

Not working today. Case is stripped with PSU installed waiting for motherboard, even checked the standoffs are in right place. Windows 10 & BIOS USB sticks ready to go.

Hahaha. Coffee, lots of coffee.

Has it turned up yet?

Soldato
Whats the latest update on 3700x shipment? If I recall correctly, Gibbo said they expect delivery today, is this still accurate or have the shifted expected delivery to 12th of July?

Associate
Be almost tempted to see how low a voltage you could get with 4.3-4.4, I run my 2700X on 1.26V @ 4115 all core at the moment....just as an experiment on how low I could get it.

I dont see the boost frequencies of Ryzen being that useful, certainly not in the majority of games.

i prefer undervolting had a 2700x a while back that was chewing 140 watt under load after a bit of tender loving care got it down to 93 watts with the same performance results

Permabanned
jzobvriyj9931.png

Associate
If this is true I think I'll cancel and wait a couple of months to see how BIOSes for my x370 taichi progress, or just not bother at all....

Sorry i made it up. Just sat bored waiting for updates on the 3800x myself, though i have a gut feeling that no 3700x or 3800x will be seen today. But hope i am wrong

Does seem very quick though for gibbo to expect them to have been received Monday when they only left Netherlands on Friday!

Associate
Due to a mix up of deliveries 3700x, 3800x and 3900x stock pushed back until end of the month :( only 5 units of the 3700 and 3800 are due to be delivered by the end of the week
Sorry i made it up. Just sat bored waiting for updates on the 3800x myself, though i have a gut feeling that no 3700x or 3800x will be seen today. But hope i am wrong

Does seem very quick though for gibbo to expect them to have been received Monday when they only left Netherlands on Friday!
Dude... Just don't, please?

@Gibbo, I know you and your staff are rushed certainly off your feet again today, but are there any updates on the 3700x / 3800x today?

Soldato
Ha, is this going to be another instance of AMD GPUs playing nicer with AMD CPUs but no-one actually realising that because they must test at 1080p with a 2080 Ti at all times?

Dude... Just don't, please?

@Gibbo, I know you and your staff are rushed certainly off your feet again today, but are there any updates on the 3700x / 3800x today?
I gave up and ordered an R5 3600. It's eventually going to end up going in a rig for my wife (her birthday in a few weeks) but for now I need something to play with. :D

Back
Top Bottom