• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen 4" thread (inc AM5/APU discussion) ***

Associate
What num pad you have? 7 is above a 4
Yeah you are right, Don't have a num pad. Still think it is a typo though

If genuine, whats the big secret? That there will be a 7000 series APU? That AMD is still bad at numbering?
I think both of these are expected already

Why because it has not even been announced yet and standard practice would be to take it down as NDA's would have been signed. Plus the 7000 series according to an article i saw today is due end of 22 early 23

Associate
So as usual, the one after the next one is THE one...
Regardless whether this particular Zen4D speculation only exists in MLID wet dreams
With Zen, AMD did teas expected improvement of next generation with every release, but also delivered every time.
So things are indeed as usual. Allows you to plan your upgrades

Associate

I think I’m more interested in the speculation in this article that The Zen 5 cores are expected to bring up to 20-40% IPC increase over Zen 4 and will launch by the end of 2023 or early 2024.

If Zen5 will be that much of an increase over Zen4 and be available at the end of 2023 I’m thinking of skipping Zen4 entirely. By the time Zen5 is out I’m hoping that DDR5 memory is better and the price has settled to a more reasonable level.

Back
Top Bottom