• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen 4" thread (inc AM5/APU discussion) ***

Well sure but there is no 3d right now. The comparison is the 7600x / 7700x vs the 13600k,and amd loses massively on every possible way.

since zen 2 amd has won the power effecency crown and it'll win with zen 4, sure framerates will be lower on amd in some titles but so will the power draw compared to 13th gen, say amd is 10-15% slower than raptor but at 30-40% less power than intel thats a win for me, i game at 4k so i wouldn't tell the diffrence, but power draw should be lower thanks to 5nm

Last edited:
since zen 2 amd has won the power effecency crown and it'll win with zen 4, sure framerates will be lower on amd in some titles but so will the power draw compared to 13th gen, say amd is 10-15% slower than raptor but at 30-40% less power than intel thats a win for me, i game at 4k so i wouldn't tell the diffrence, but power draw should be lower thanks to 5nm
That's a very big IF tbh, as Alder Lake is not that much (10-15%) faster than Zen 3 which is well over two years old now.
tCHaLqG.png

Last edited:
If you are talking about gaming efficiency, no, that was never the case. Amd was always behind in that, only the 3d had better gaming efficiency than alderlake or comet lake.

Regarding productivity efficiency, again, thats only going to be the case for the 7950x. The rest will not win, especially in ISO wattage. The sheer difference in number of threads makes it quite obvious that the low end models like the 7600x and the 7700x won't be particularly great in that

That's a very big IF tbh, as Alder Lake is not that much (10-15%) faster than Zen 3 which is well over two years old now.
tCHaLqG.png
What ram is used for alderlake there?

I know for a fact that some games show a 30-40% difference between 12900k and 5950x. Take spiderman / fc6 / cyberpunk. Thats why averages are irrelevant, cause some of them will be gpu bound.

Do we know how these new processors will affect 3d software like Blender? I know a lot is done by the GPU, but some stuff like fluids I believe, are handled by the CPU. Or do we find out more today?

Just seeing if am5 is worth it for 3d dev stuff.

AMD-Ryzen-9-7950X-Review64.png

I think what we see from these early results, is that the amount of l3 cache is likely be the main contributing factor in game framerate. Combined with higher clockspeeds and DDR5, the results should be impressive.

Last edited:
AMD-Ryzen-9-7950X-Review64.png

I think what we see from these early results, is that the amount of l3 cache is likely be the main contributing factor in game framerate. Combined with higher clockspeeds and DDR5, the results should be impressive.
why is the 5700x so high up for shadow of the tomb raider ?

Last edited:
Does it matter? the 5700X result is not that different to the 5800X and they are very similar CPUs. I doubt it's the best test of a cpu tbf.

Edit - I'd ignore the 5700X result, it looks wrong

Last edited:
Does it matter? the 5700X result is not that different to the 5800X and they are very similar CPUs. I doubt it's the best test of a cpu tbf.

Edit - I'd ignore the 5700X result, it looks wrong
best to wait for proper 3rd party reviews also the 7950x using less power with IGPU than without it

Back
Top Bottom