• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

I wounder what AMD will say about(if anything) about the performance. Clearly something is not right and with a potentially rushed product needs a fair bit of TLC in terms of driver updates microsode updates etc.

May have been better to delay longer slightly to fix issues.

Last edited:
That Windows issue is interesting, that's a pretty large difference in performance just from running a full admin account. I want to see MS comment on this issue but doubt they ever will, wonder if this issue also effected Windows 10 as well.

Looking at the whole launch,the lack of new motherboards,etc it appears Zen5 has been pushed out too early. The chiplet quality of desktop chips must be not great IMHO.

That can only mean Arrowlake is will beat Zen4/Zen5 and AMD knows this.

Looking at the whole launch,the lack of new motherboards,etc it appears Zen5 has been pushed out too early. The chiplet quality of desktop chips must be not great IMHO.

That can only mean Arrowlake is will beat Zen4/Zen5 and AMD knows this.
There's early and then there is this! With Arrowlake pencilled for end of year felt like they could have delayed a month or 2. Maybe the plan is to undercut Intel with x3d releases closer to arrowlake launch

Which CPU should I get?
Recently has issues with my 14900K - With the CPU keep crashing to the point it was completely unusable.

Switched to AMD and was waiting thinking the 9950 was going to be a killer chip and it doesn't appear to be.
Use my PC mainly for gaming when stretching the CPU but don't do much productivity work.

So should I get the 7950X3D or 9950X?
Also should point out that want the best CPU and money isn't much of an issue.
I know the 7800X3D is an amazing chip for gaming but is it better than the 7950X3D?
If money isn't an issue then the 7950X3D with 1 CCD disabled would be slightly better than the 7800X3D, and you could enable the other CCD if you ever needed the extra cores for productivity.

Back
Top Bottom