• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

Another review, this one as is typical from Windell is less hyperbole and more looking beyond the raw numbers at what the CPU is actually doing.

It is better at gaming in Linux than it is in Windows, there is some odd stuff going on in Windows in that how you configure windows, such as running games in Administrator Mode, affects performance, even third party thread scheduling apps have an effect on performance.

Last edited:
I don't think Microsoft favour one vendor over another, i think Intel are willing to pay more than AMD for sorting their own crap out to run on their OS, but that's all it is, Intel get a custom scheduler just for their CPU, AMD get an iffy Game Bar hack, Intel paid, AMD didn't, its like why should we pay you to fix your own junk? So AMD gets the "you are the product" treatment like you do if you don't subscribe to Amazon Prime.

Its just money.

Last edited:
For me the problem with Arrow Lake is the same as all these hybrid CPU's, i don't want to have to deal with these E-Cores in games in the same way i don't want to have to deal with hoping the game is using the correct CCD, i don't want to have to deal with Windows being finicky with that.

So the only thing i consider is a single CCD all big core CPU, i'm fine with that because while a higher core count CPU is useful to me its not necessary.

When i upgrade i will probably end up with a 7800X3D.

Back
Top Bottom