• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

That's the position in the leader board as my 13600K gets about 9.8K.

Last edited:
Would you actually use the better wraith prism cooler if they included it, or would it just be a bigger lump of metal that you throw in the bin? Both the wraith stealth and wraith prism are rubbish compared to a £15 tower cooler, it's time they got rid of the stock cooler altogether to reduce unnecessary waste.
I’d disagree, the prism is actually a very capable cooler, not the quietest by any means but can certainly do the job cooling even on the higher 105w tdp parts and even looks nice to boot.

They also sell for about £20 so regardless if you want it or not it’s a value add.

Last edited:
I beat both of you with my rig.. in display quantity anyway :D

Those are seriously fast compared to my 5800X3D, ~50% Single & ~200% Multi? :eek:

Cant wait to upgrade again, Zen 6 is going to be a nice perf increase :)

I’d disagree, the prism is actually a very capable cooler, not the quietest by any means but can certainly do the job cooling even on the higher 105w tdp parts and even looks nice to boot.

They also sell for about £20 so regardless if you want it or not it’s a value add.
Prism coolers were going for ~£45 (New) on the bay not so many years ago so thats a small loss to anyone who already has a decent cooler, which most of us do.

Last edited:

£20 is nuts for a cooler that is significantly outperformed by a £15 tower cooler. That said, it would still go in my bin because it would be about £15 after shipping and eBay fees and probably not worth the effort selling.

Do you use the cooler that came with your CPU? I'd bet that the majority of people don't, and even if they included a half decent tower cooler there would still be a significant percentage of people that want to upgrade or already have a better cooler. They can never satisfy everyone, but if they have to include a cooler then something smaller like the stealth would be less wasteful.

£20 is nuts for a cooler that is significantly outperformed by a £15 tower cooler. That said, it would still go in my bin because it would be about £15 after shipping and eBay fees and probably not worth the effort selling.

Do you use the cooler that came with your CPU? I'd bet that the majority of people don't, and even if they included a half decent tower cooler there would still be a significant percentage of people that want to upgrade or already have a better cooler. They can never satisfy everyone, but if they have to include a cooler then something smaller like the stealth would be less wasteful.
The prism is perfectly adequate for any 65w cpu, changing the cooler even for something like a D15 is not going to get you anymore performance on those CPUs especially in gaming and the prism is actually one of the best if not the best looking air cooler around.

I see the price of the 7800X3D has gone up now everyone is buying it. Now £350 from OCUK

I got lucky then getting mine on sale for £308. This was mid July just before the Zen 5 release, so possibly a stock clearance sale waiting for the latest and greatest from AMD. I almost held fire anticipating the Zen 5 would be a lot better.

In essence Zen 5 is perfectly good and trades blows with a 7800X3D, but at 10% extra cost. It’s just the tiering and pricing. Typical AMD (Allow Mistakes Daily)

Last edited:
What is twice the score?

As that's a KS downclocked to a 14900K single core boost removed - https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...-36m-cache-up-to-6-00-ghz/specifications.html

I did not want to quote myself and get called a donk again :cry: but it's the position on the leaderboard that Humbugs is getting confused with not double the score as my 13600K gets very close to 10K multi threaded.

Last edited:
I got lucky then getting mine on sale for £308. This was mid July just before the Zen 5 release, so possibly a stock clearance sale waiting for the latest and greatest from AMD. I almost held fire anticipating the Zen 5 would be a lot better.

In essence Zen 5 is perfectly good and trades blows with a 7800X3D, but at 10% extra cost. It’s just the tiering and pricing. Typical AMD (Allow Mistakes Daily)
Yeah, I am in no rush so will wait it out or see if Black Friday sees any deals\offers on them

I did not want to quote myself and get called a donk again :cry: but it's the position on the leaderboard that Humbugs is getting confused with not double the score as my 13600K gets very close to 10K multi threaded.
Confused? the website is trash...

AlFA932.png

Back
Top Bottom