• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

As a consumer its always good to know if a product is selling well or not at its price point as that could indicate price cuts will soon be incoming.
That is what Im hoping, buy X870 when it is released and then I can wait until my ncase M2 is shipped which I will hopefully get a date end of Sept for. Realistically I have a month or so for a price cut. I was watching an interview with AMD where they stated that they were at the beginning of the journey to improve Zen 5 performance so they may hold off on price drops until some performance gains have been seen and make a decision then, otherwise I would imagine they are sitting on huge losses on this.
This channel is starting to annoy me tbh. Nobody should really care about how well they are selling, apart from AMD. With the smug thumbnail it also whiffs of “SeE hOw RiGhT wE aRe - iT’s BaD aNd PeOplE aGrEe.”

There is no need for consumers to become emotionally invested in whether other people buy products or not.

He does admit in the video that he said the same thing about the 7950X as well so I totally agree with you..

How is the thumbnail smug looking, its meh,whatever, underwhelming.

It's bad enough with their content now HUB can't even do thumbnails now without people going after them. :cry:

This channel is starting to annoy me tbh. Nobody should really care about how well they are selling, apart from AMD. With the smug thumbnail it also whiffs of “SeE hOw RiGhT wE aRe - iT’s BaD aNd PeOplE aGrEe.”

There is no need for consumers to become emotionally invested in whether other people buy products or not.

Anyone who dissagrees with them is an "AMD fonboy" They have also referd to themselves as "influencers"

Personannly i think AMD should take them off the sampling list, its a couple of narsasists with an agenda.

Last edited:
All I have done is first of all updated to the latest bios then enabled EXPO 1, set memory context restore to enabled and it just works. I haven't touched anything else in the bios as I don't know what most of it does because this is a completely new platform to me and I haven't been on AMD since the socket 939 days.

I spoke too soon. After running flawlessly for a couple of day all of a sudden today the pc is a nightmare and I haven't even changed any settings. I am having bluescreens, restarts, windows failing to load and restarting as well as lock ups while in the bios. Currently I have reset to optimum defaults in the bios and haven't had any problems but the memory which I suspect is the culprit, is only running at 4800mhz. I think I will order a kit that is on the motherboards QVL list even though the kit I have is a EXPO one.

I spoke too soon. After running flawlessly for a couple of day all of a sudden today the pc is a nightmare and I haven't even changed any settings. I am having bluescreens, restarts, windows failing to load and restarting as well as lock ups while in the bios. Currently I have reset to optimum defaults in the bios and haven't had any problems but the memory which I suspect is the culprit, is only running at 4800mhz. I think I will order a kit that is on the motherboards QVL list even though the kit I have is a EXPO one.
Turn "off" memory context restore and leave it off. It's well known to cause havoc like this.

Latest bios for your board there on the list.

Last edited:
Anyone who dissagrees with them is an "AMD fonboy" They have also referd to themselves as "influencers"
There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with them though there's a distinct patten with fanboys especially AMD ones that as soon as they say pretty much anything negative about AMD they start questioning their channel and or launch personal attacks but cant help watching and posting their content when they puff AMD or do something negative towards other vendors.

Personannly i think AMD should take them off the sampling list, its a couple of narsasists with an agenda.
This kinda proves my point as this does not do you any favours as this reeks of fanboy/influencer speak.

Many thanks for that link. Asus put v3035 up today but the one from that link is 3040 with a even newer Agesa. Granted it's a beta but seeing as I have usb flashback I will give it a go. I will disable Restore Memory Context again as well. Sigh, back to long boots again. :(

There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with them though there's a distinct patten with fanboys especially AMD ones that as soon as they say pretty much anything negative about AMD they start questioning their channel and or launch personal attacks but cant help watching and posting their content when they puff AMD or do something negative towards other vendors.

This kinda proves my point as this does not do you any favours as this reeks of fanboy/influencer speak.
More to it than that....

It actually started a couple of years ago when in a talk with a guy from Microsoft said to Lisa Sue that he wouldn't have a gaming PC because the XBox is better value, to which Lisa joked "no its because you're cheap"

Steve Walton then made 3 rant videos about how this was proof Lisa thought this was the reason people didn't buy AMD's overpriced hardware, overpriced by his measure, because she thought we are cheap, he argued, and then laid that accusation at her, he didn't stop there, he sent Emails to her demanding she respond to his accusations and explain herself, he did the same thing on twitter, stalking her personal account demanding she answer his charge.

It was a very very obvious joke, quite an amusing one, for whatever reason he entirely misinterpreted that and quite angrily, a strange thing to watch.

Since then he keeps making weird mistakes which he then rants about AMD's incompetence or anti consumer practices which he ends up having to correct, its got to the point where if AMD release a product you can put money on that happening with HUB, its getting predictable.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with them though there's a distinct patten with fanboys especially AMD ones that as soon as they say pretty much anything negative about AMD they start questioning their channel and or launch personal attacks
And then they say anything bad about Intel and instantly Intel fanboys attack them, calling them AMD shills etc. In other words, fanboys are just that - fanatics with no logic and just full of emotional outbursts. And HU can't do a thing or one or the other camp of fanboys attack them instantly.

They also criticise intel and Nvidia I don't see the problem, yes it looks like they are milking it that's more to do with it being recent release need to upload something to get in the views £££££ and intel and Nvidia haven't released anything recently

Last edited:
Many thanks for that link. Asus put v3035 up today but the one from that link is 3040 with a even newer Agesa. Granted it's a beta but seeing as I have usb flashback I will give it a go. I will disable Restore Memory Context again as well. Sigh, back to long boots again. :(
I have MSI board with expo memory that's on the list of tested and compatible ones and I have 0 issues with memory context restore. What's more, I was even able to enable option that optimises timings to what MSI tested as stable for these particular modules, much tighter than expo ones, with 0 issues. Saved me a lot of time and effort to play with timings optimisations.

It's been many years now that I have learned the lesson to only buy ram modules that have been tested and approved by mobo vendor and since that time never had any issues with RAM.

Last edited:
More to it than that....

It actually started a couple of years ago when in a talk with a guy from Microsoft said to Lisa Sue that he wouldn't have a gaming PC because the XBox is better value, to which Lisa joked "no its because you're cheap"

Steve Walton then made 3 rant videos about how this was proof Lisa thought this was the reason people didn't buy AMD's overpriced hardware, overpriced by his measure, because she thought we are cheap, he argued, and then laid that accusation at her, he didn't stop there, he sent Emails to her demanding she respond to his accusations and explain herself, he did the same thing on twitter, stalking her personal account demanding she answer his charge.
I've seen you go on and on about this many times. Really need to lose the chip on the shoulder.
Stalking? lol

Also, the hardware was overpriced by his measure, and MANY more. :D

Sometimes I wonder if you're paid a small amount by Lisa Su for every defensive AMD post.

Turn "off" memory context restore and leave it off. It's well known to cause havoc like this.

Latest bios for your board there on the list.

So far so good. I flashed the v3040 beta bios from your list, disabled Memory Context Restore, re-enabled EXPO 1 and it's been solid so far. No bluescreens, crashes or lockups and boot time is only around 45 seconds anyway which I can live with. Am I right in thinking the latest chipset driver is the one direct from AMD rather than Asus? That's the one I downloaded anyway. What about power plans? My wifes AM4 syatem has AMD power plans as well as the Standard Microsoft ones but all I have are the three Microsoft ones, best efficiency, balanced, best performance. Currently it's set to balanced.

So far so good. I flashed the v3040 beta bios from your list, disabled Memory Context Restore, re-enabled EXPO 1 and it's been solid so far. No bluescreens, crashes or lockups and boot time is only around 45 seconds anyway which I can live with. Am I right in thinking the latest chipset driver is the one direct from AMD rather than Asus? That's the one I downloaded anyway. What about power plans? My wifes AM4 syatem has AMD power plans as well as the Standard Microsoft ones but all I have are the three Microsoft ones, best efficiency, balanced, best performance. Currently it's set to balanced.
Yes, you'll always have the latest chipset driver direct from AMD. Use the Microsoft balanced power profile in windows.

If you have MCR on then Power Down mode should be enabled as well. If they work then great, enjoy the ~15 seconds boot time, if not well 45 seconds isn't terrible. I noticed a new setting on latest B650 Tomahawk BIOS here called 'optimized platform profile' with an option for Hynix 6000MT/s which sets that plus CL30 (I'm using a non EXPO set here). With MCR off it has a 140+ second boot time though which is pretty nasty compared to the <45 with RAM set manually to 6200 C28. :p

9950X purchased today, I wonder if the sales staff had a little party. :D
ROG Strix 870-I will probably get purchased on the 30th Sept when X870 gets released. If there is another ITX choice then I will have a look then but so far it is the only X870 one I have seen.
I'm waiting for the GSkill Trident Z5 Royal DDR5 CL28 RAM, it was announced last month, OCUK said they expect to stock it but have no idea when that will be.
There was a good you tube vid that helped with RAM choice, they over clocked that RAM to 6200 and it was beating 7800 clocked RAM at CL38.
And my damn case :mad: It should have shipped on the 6th but has been delayed and NCase don't yet know when it will ship, they might have more info at the end of the month. Needless to say that is driving me up the wall.

They will have been "thank god, only 99 left to sell..." !

I never realised quite how big the price jump from ther 9900 to 9950 is.. :/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom