• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

Regardless of capacity, you will be limited to speed the higher up you go, its even worse with 4 sticks as the imc on 7000 and 9000 are designed with 2 stick configurations first and foremost, getting 4 sticks to play even at 4800mhz can be a massive headache, with the introduction of 24gb dimms (2x24gb kit) you may find compatibility on 9000 better than 7000 but regards to speed wise its tricky to say what you'd land on.

It all comes down to the cpu quality, only when you power on and start tweaking will you know if you have a ok, good or god like cpu that can hit high ram speeds, reviews of x870 with 9000 cpu's do show (2x16gb) 32gb kits can indeed run north of 70000mhz quite easily.

Regardless of capacity, you will be limited to speed the higher up you go, its even worse with 4 sticks as the imc on 7000 and 9000 are designed with 2 stick configurations first and foremost, getting 4 sticks to play even at 4800mhz can be a massive headache, with the introduction of 24gb dimms (2x24gb kit) you may find compatibility on 9000 better than 7000 but regards to speed wise its tricky to say what you'd land on.

It all comes down to the cpu quality, only when you power on and start tweaking will you know if you have a ok, good or god like cpu that can hit high ram speeds, reviews of x870 with 9000 cpu's do show (2x16gb) 32gb kits can indeed run north of 70000mhz quite easily.
Thanks for that. So am I likely to face issues with 2x32gb kits? To be honest if I can hit 6000mhz on those I would be pretty happy.

Thanks for that. So am I likely to face issues with 2x32gb kits? To be honest if I can hit 6000mhz on those I would be pretty happy.

64gb 6000mhz could very well be ok, but normally the higher the capacity you go speed does suffer a bit, my x670e hero with dominators at 6000mhz booted first time (32gb kit) with out issue, a modest 200mhz oc was ok at the oob timmings, any more and i'd get a crash so called it at that, weekend will be fun with the x870 and 8000mhz dimms arriving tomorrow, will report back and share my ddr5 8000mhz experences :)

64gb 6000mhz could very well be ok, but normally the higher the capacity you go speed does suffer a bit, my x670e hero with dominators at 6000mhz booted first time (32gb kit) with out issue, a modest 200mhz oc was ok at the oob timmings, any more and i'd get a crash so called it at that, weekend will be fun with the x870 and 8000mhz dimms arriving tomorrow, will report back and share my ddr5 8000mhz experences :)
Will be interested in results. I have time to spare as want to wait until these higher core x3d chips arrive. Hopefully more details will emerge on this by then. Thanks for the insight.

Last edited:
Is 8000mhz standard on the x870? Sorry I’ve been out of the loop for a while. Last time I was looking only the Intel Apex was capable of this.

Is 8000mhz standard on the x870? Sorry I’ve been out of the loop for a while. Last time I was looking only the Intel Apex was capable of this.

Official x870e 1:1 ratio with 9000 series is around 6400mhz max, but unlike 7000 decoupling the ram clock from the infinity frabric clock does not impact performance like it did on 7000 series, there is not much point using 8000mhz over a tuned 6400mhz kit in the cl 30 range as many will say, only a very select few programs will take advantage of 8000mhz, me being me i want to find out and see XD

Last edited:
Official x870e 1:1 ratio with 9000 series is around 6400mhz max, but unlike 7000 decoupling the ram clock from the infinity frabric clock does not impact performance like it did on 7000 series, there is not much point using 8000mhz over a tuned 6400mhz kit in the cl 30 range as many will say, only a very select few programs will take advantage of 8000mhz, me being me i want to find out and see XD
I’m interested in the results. I’m currently on x670e and 7950x3d, I’m currently using a tuned 64gb 6000 kit but will be upgrading once the 9000x3d launches.

look forward to see what you can achieve.

We can't fix anything but you can vent at least. Hope it turns out to be nothing for you.
Thank you. I might check out that thread. Anyway we're way off topic here. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom