• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

I love AMD, but really......back to bed, Zzzz Zzzz Zzzz, they compared obviously a 9800X3D 8 core part against a 7950X3D 16 core part...............the 7800X3D already beats the 7950X3D.
pretty sure the slide said 7800x3d?
they just didn't specify which flavour of 9000x3d they used, but i assume it's a 9800x3d as they said 8-core 9000x3d

Last edited:
I love AMD, but really......back to bed, Zzzz Zzzz Zzzz, they compared obviously a 9800X3D 8 core part against a 7950X3D 16 core part...............the 7800X3D already beats the 7950X3D.

That's not what the slides say, slides say it's 9950x3d vs 7950x3d and 9800x3d vs 7800x3d. Look at them again

only if it's your hobby and you have the disposable income for it lol
i went from a 5800x -> 5800x3d -> 7600x -> 7800x3d
for the games i play, i don't think i would be able to tell the difference :cry:
Even though I have the money to do it I don’t, I’ve built PCs for a few decades now and not interested in ******* contests :p (that’s a joke)

Gaming is pretty much my go to on the PC and currently DCS/LMU is hurting my frames argh

Last edited:
Even though I have the money to do it I don’t, I’ve built PCs for a few decades now and not interested in ******* contests :p
to be fair, i buy nearly all my parts on the used market and quite a few months later after release so i don't pay the early adopter tax
my current rig cost about £950 to build: 7800x3d (£230) + 7900xt (£520)

Looks like I bought my 7800x3d at about the right time. I just missed the cheapest deals by a week but still got the cpu (retail) and my Asus Rog Strix B650E-F in a bundle for £515. The same bundle is now well over £600. Retailers are just taking the mick with pricing now.

Let's see when 5090 hits

RTX 5000 series will no doubt require a monster system behind it and the higher end cards will no doubt be outrageously over priced again. Im a lot more interested in the next RDNA card TBH.

I’m really hoping for a 250~watt, 2 slot blower card with decent performance at a reasonable price. Oh and without a stupid 12VHP connector. 12VHP needs to go away now.

RTX 5000 series will no doubt require a monster system behind it and the higher end cards will no doubt be outrageously over priced again. Im a lot more interested in the next RDNA card TBH.

I’m really hoping for a 250~watt, 2 slot blower card with decent performance at a reasonable price. Oh and without a stupid 12VHP connector. 12VHP needs to go away now.

Well yeah I ain't interested in buying but interested to look at the performance, personally looking to see what price next gen cards that provide similar performance to 4080/7900xtx

Hmm, watched and have to say IMO it was an awful video.

The arguments were:

"The reviewers didn't tweak the 9700X to max performance before testing"

"reviewers use the wrong settings to test, it should be 1080p, but actually they DO use 1080p but HUB used ultra settings"

"They didn't use 24H2 but then did but that doesn't actually make a massive difference "

"I tested the 7800x3d with 6000MT RAM as it doesn't care as much about RAM speed, here's some benchmarks that show it does improve performance a bit but I'm going to use the slower RAM anyway"

"My benchmarks show the 7800X3D is faster and more efficient than the 9700X when I tune the 9700X including using faster memory, adding a 100mhz boost override, bumping infinity fabric speed and unlocking the power limit"

Nonsense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom