• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

Associate
"AMD is reportedly planning to reposition the Ryzen 7 9700X processor by increasing its base and boost clock frequencies, as well as raising the thermal design power (TDP) from 65W to 120W. This internal redesign aims to improve the processor's performance, making it more competitive in the gaming and high-performance computing markets."

Associate
"AMD is reportedly planning to reposition the Ryzen 7 9700X processor by increasing its base and boost clock frequencies, as well as raising the thermal design power (TDP) from 65W to 120W. This internal redesign aims to improve the processor's performance, making it more competitive in the gaming and high-performance computing markets."

I guess they need to position it better vs the 7800X3D since they're rumoured to charge $400 for it

Caporegime
I guess they need to position it better vs the 7800X3D since they're rumoured to charge $400 for it
They can't really have their 'old' 8c outperforming the new stuff tbf, it'd kill word of mouth sales (esp as they're gonna be charging a fair bit more for it!).

I just hope Arrow Lake is damn good as it'll force AMD to drop the new 3D chips sooner :)

Associate
They can't really have their 'old' 8c outperforming the new stuff tbf, it'd kill word of mouth sales (esp as they're gonna be charging a fair bit more for it!).

I just hope Arrow Lake is damn good as it'll force AMD to drop the new 3D chips sooner :)

I suspect Intel is done no matter what amd does really
The signs been there for a decade now

I await the 9800x3d to be released and upgrade day 1

Soldato
Is it silly to get a 7800X3D now, with the new CPUs on the horizon? Will whatever CPU that is to replace the 7800X3D be out in the next few months?

I bought one a couple of weeks ago. But with the intention of probably putting in a 9000 series equivalent early next year, if (and only if) I see that it's worth it.

Last edited:
Associate
Is it silly to get a 7800X3D now, with the new CPUs on the horizon? Will whatever CPU that is to replace the 7800X3D be out in the next few months?
I'm in the same situation as you. I have the money for a full system rebuild now but have decided to wait for the next CPU's and 5090 GFX cards to drop before spending the money.

I have seen rumours that the x3d chips will drop soon after the standard chips so hopeing for Aug/Sept release date.

Soldato
I'm in the same situation as you. I have the money for a full system rebuild now but have decided to wait for the next CPU's and 5090 GFX cards to drop before spending the money.

I have seen rumours that the x3d chips will drop soon after the standard chips so hopeing for Aug/Sept release date.

I've just ordered it. I read that the X3D CPUs will come a few months after the non-X3D ones, possibly early next year. That is just one person on Reddit though, so no idea what the truth is. Either way, I don't want to wait 3-6 months as I'm looking to improve my VR performance, and I'm impatient!

Associate
I've just ordered it. I read that the X3D CPUs will come a few months after the non-X3D ones, possibly early next year. That is just one person on Reddit though, so no idea what the truth is. Either way, I don't want to wait 3-6 months as I'm looking to improve my VR performance, and I'm impatient!
It's my understanding that the non-x3d's are due for release in July so the wait is hopefully closer to 3 month's than 6 months. (please correct me if i'm wrong or have overlooked something).

Soldato
It's my understanding that the non-x3d's are due for release in July so the wait is hopefully closer to 3 month's than 6 months. (please correct me if i'm wrong or have overlooked something).
Oh yes I believe you're right, so maybe September-October time?

Oh well, I've ordered it now. Like I said, I'm impatient :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom