• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

Man of Honour
Is there even new ones coming out to replace these ? :confused:
They're coming, just a question of when.

when AMD announced its new Zen 5 architecture, many hoped there would be some info on Ryzen 9000X3D models. That never happened, but AMD did tell us that it's "working actively on really cool differentiators" to make 3D V-cache "even better."

Soldato
No, I was comparing going from a 5800X to the possible 9800X3D, and only then at low resolutions. Prob be a bit near that but not quite imo.

I normally try to upgrade my system when i can get around double the performance
like my last upgrade was from i7-8700k/2080ti to i9-14900k/4090 so i may have to wait a few more years

Last edited:
Associate
I normally try to upgrade my system when i can get around double the performance
like my last upgrade was from i7-8700k/2080ti to i9-14900k/4090 so i may have to wait a few more years
This might not happen anymore in general use like gaming, though. With new series some instructions seem to have gotten big performance jump but games don't use these pretty much at all currently, so the general performance jump between 7k and 9k series will likely be around 10% only, unless they do something really fancy with 3d cache. We are almost at the limits of the silicon as is already, changes from now on will likely be very incremental and small between series.

Associate
I speculate X3D needs very fast ram for the "sweet spot", which is why they are releasing with the new boards (which go upto 8000mhz) together. Only guessing though
According to Videocardz (quoting Wccftech - yes, I know! ;) ), 9000X3D will support overclocking across the board: https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-ryz...ocking-zen5-gets-improved-ddr5-memory-support

On the memory speed front they note:

The same outlet has also shared details regarding Zen5 memory support and overclockability. The new series is said to consume less power and support enhanced overclocking for DDR5 kits. Based on preliminary data collected from qualification samples (which will be identical or better than retail units), the Ryzen 9000 series still targets DDR5-6000 memory as a sweet spot, but the upper limit will be increased to 6400 MT/s while maintaining a 1:1 FCLK (Infinity Fabric) to MCLK (Memory Clock) ratio. Furthermore, they will support up to 8000 MT/s EXPO memory in a 1:2 ratio with 4-DIMM mode.

Caporegime
According to Videocardz (quoting Wccftech - yes, I know! ;) ), 9000X3D will support overclocking across the board: https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-ryz...ocking-zen5-gets-improved-ddr5-memory-support

The same outlet has also shared details regarding Zen5 memory support and overclockability. The new series is said to consume less power and support enhanced overclocking for DDR5 kits. Based on preliminary data collected from qualification samples (which will be identical or better than retail units), the Ryzen 9000 series still targets DDR5-6000 memory as a sweet spot, but the upper limit will be increased to 6400 MT/s while maintaining a 1:1 FCLK (Infinity Fabric) to MCLK (Memory Clock) ratio. Furthermore, they will support up to 8000 MT/s EXPO memory in a 1:2 ratio with 4-DIMM mode.
Makes sense, same IO unit as Zen4. Not due to change until Zen6 where they'll be using a new 3nm unit (rumoured ofc).

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate

So they are saying X3D will be best on the new boards with 4 sticks of ram ??

Associate

9000+ with 2 DIMMs in 1:2? :p

Associate

Might as well not release the 9700x at this point. Then again it’s AMD pricing so expect cuts within a month lol

Back
Top Bottom