• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

I pulled a trigger on 7950x3d from a known store - they had only one that cheap but brand new, sold by them directly and yet just £100 more then 7800x3d with price drops. I don't know why so cheap but I got it and it works perfectly, full retail box, never opened. :) I also managed to find on sale proper new motherboard from MSI and expo ram supported by my new mobo with a tight timing profile, speeding up ram considerably (and 100% stable as I tested with multiple programs and scenario over the last few days, with 0 faffing from my side needed). I also just sold my current AM4 stuff and had to cover just about £200 for this whole upgrade to 16 cores CPU.

Point being, sometimes with good sniping one can get very nice deals by premiere of the new stuff on the market, but 1 generation behind. I don't see much in the coming generation that would justify adding another £300+ most likely for newer CPU that might be barely any faster and would make my wait another few months.
Thats all cool and your prerogative, glad you got a deal you are pleased with sounds very good. Personally i regularly use all 16 Cores / 32 threads with encoding and photo editing plus i game. I also like playing with new toys, went for AM4 5950X to Z790 13700K just to have a play with something different while i waited for AM5 (plus i have no brand loyalty)

I Could wait 6 months but i like playing with new toys and learning how to get the best out of it, i wait 6 months i am also 6 months closer to something better coming out and finally by waiting 6 months i have lost 6 months of playing with my new toy. I dont have to have the newest and best hence i got a 13700k to tie me over while i waited but my end game for this year has always been a 9950X and RTX5090 depending on reviews for both

9900x benchmark

14% faster than 7900x in CB R24 at stock and 18% faster with overclocking

Last edited:
Somebody else made a maths error on the AT thread, and... Moments later Wccftech ran with it and repeated the same error. Again!
I think posting bad maths with leaks is now almost a form of wccftech entrapment!

Hopefully Arrow Lake will be a proper upgrade rather than this 16% rubbish ;)
Certainly prudent to wait for both, but currently AL has even more hype than Zen 5 had before the announcement.

Although a lot of that hype seems to be from people who own shares (with the huge largesse Intel's fabs are getting, betting on their shares is possible akin to betting on a share index at the height of quantative easing - that is a sure thing).

I Could wait 6 months but i like playing with new toys and learning how to get the best out of it, i wait 6 months i am also 6 months closer to something better coming out and finally by waiting 6 months i have lost 6 months of playing with my new toy.

That was also my point - I planned to skip 7k series and go for the 9k, however seeing such an opportunity to get 16 cores now (I can use them easily, even though it's not a total requirement for me), for way cheaper than new generation will most likely offer, made me pull a trigger. Also, I still have the option to swap it for the new x3D if price and performance ratio will make sense for it, with very little loss (if any). And I don't have to wait anymore. That said, I've waited a bit for 4090 prices to drop and shouldn't have - they never have till recently.

I just pulled the plug on a 7950X3D, now its been confirmed that there wont be any 2 CCD 3D cache option with the 9000X3D CPUs, is a possible 10% increase really worth waiting for, especially when the 7950X3D can be picked up from OCuk for £470, i'll be waiting for Zen6

Last edited:
I just pulled the plug on a 7950X3D, now its been confirmed that there wont be any 2 CCD 3D cache option with the 9000X3D CPUs, is a possible 10% increase really worth waiting for, especially when the 7950X3D can be picked up from OCuk for £470, i'll be waiting for Zen6
Dam I was hoping you’d buy mine when I switch to the 9950X. :D

Alleged Ryzen 9 9900X result puts AMD on top as single-threaded CPU champ in Geekbench​

your good, at best 25-30% increase at worst 15%-20%. Its not like your 7950x3d is going to be slow.

Last edited:
I'm gonna wait for x3d on 9000 to drop, from the looks of it normal 9000 will be as fast as last get x3d which will be decent for anyone looking to make the move to am5. Unless you need usb4 as standard there looks to be no real need to buy a x870, i saw a post online the other day that 9000 series will support 6400mhz ddr5 at 1:1, which in all honesty isnt that much faster than x670, save a tonne of cash and overclock it a bit.

Back
Top Bottom