• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

Yeap, X3D chips are incredibly efficient and responsive. Most applications love the extra cache and take full advantage of it.

I'm sure buyers of Zen5 will enjoy, though personally I'd not even consider buying one when X3D is just around the corner and will thoroughly spank it. These non X3D chips will also depreciate incredibly quickly into their lifecycle. Wait a few weeks/months and pick one up half price or less!

Have you got benchmarks to show what applications other than gaming the x3d shows a difference, if anything overall number of different applications it tends to be slightly slower because the clock speed is slightly lower

Last edited:
Have you got benchmarks to show what applications other than gaming the x3d shows a difference, if anything overall number of different applications it tends to be slightly slower because the clock speed is slightly lower
I think this is where Zen5 non X3D will shine. It'll be pretty much as good in games as Zen4 X3D, but also better in other applications that prefer higher clock speeds.

Thanks for that, that is really useful info. My Zen 5 build will be mainly for photo and image manipulation and I might need to think again now and wait for X3D. The one test where the extra cache improved things was photoshop which is a similar workflow to mine. I use ON1 so I will raise a support call with them and see if they have a view on the matter.

Guru3D just published today a "deeper" dive on Zen5 architecture. I don't think there's anything we haven't seen before though.

Back
Top Bottom