• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD's FSR3 possibly next month ?

Soldato
Nice all in one info about it and maybe few new bar graphs i think?

Last edited:
Caporegime
I just wish there was more focus on image quality for fsr

It will come once the likes of Alex/DF get actual hands on for themselves. But unlike upscaling with regards to IQ, I don't think the fake frames will be hugely noticeable tbh as remember for gamer nexus etc. and even HUB said it themselves, that to show the main "flaws" of nvidias frame generation, they literally had to slow the footage down so much in order to capture/highlight the issues or throw it off by doing things like changing the scene completely e.g. f1 with regards to the changing of the view so essentially giving 2 completely different scenes in order to get a mess of a fake frame, which kind of defeats the whole point of what frame generation sets out to achieve i.e. smooth motion

Having watched amds footage again, I'm skeptical though (more than usual), the scenes they showed were literally just walking in a very straight path with nothing happening at all as well as being very short clips, compare that to nvidias reveal of it in spiderman and cp 2077 etc. To me this says, amd don't have much faith in it "at the moment".

I reckon it is going to fall apart in the same kind of areas that FSR upscaler does i.e. temporal stability thus expect probably worse shimmering/aliasing etc.

It will largely come down to latency too.

EDIT:

Just re-read your message and realised you're referring just to FSR upscaling IQ :p Yeah same here, it's one of the main reasons I won't go amd, it's ok for 4k FSR quality but as you move further down res. (I play more at 3440x1440 than 4k these days) and especially when using lower presets (which is becoming more common with newer games now), FSR falls apart completely where as dlss is looking very good across all presets now, sure in static shots, hard to tell but it's the motion where temporal stability is very poor with amds solution.

Last edited:
Soldato
Fsr3 thoughts.

AMD SHILLS!!! :p

Seriously though, DF are very impressed with what they saw with FSR 3, it's console compatible too, they also went into detail about Hyper-RX.

DF have been saying for months-wanting AMD to get a first to market feature instead of copying NV, and they were very positive with Hyper-RX as it's a wide reaching software for AMD from top to bottom of the stack.

They said the the Rog Ally's 120Hz screen is perfect for Hyper-RX running the smaller screen.

Caporegime
cBVkQxj.gif

Soldato
When was the last time you used AMD. Never noticed a difference from Vsync to frame limiter. Maybe you were just built different and have super fast reactions :D:D:D:D. In all honesty though Vega don't put out 240fps so i just leave my frames unlocked.

Not going to help anyway. Check the latest DF video, they mention that despite using Freesync monitors when FSR3 is enabled you get an image that looks like vsync with all the vsync issues they mentioned the image quality looked like it does on a monitor that doesn't support variable refresh

The df video had a few bits of extra details not in the written article. One of those was that the new latency reduction feature that's meant to be used with fsr3 only runs on AMD GPU which makes fsr3 a hard sell for Nvidia and Intel GPUs as using it would result in higher latency

With the driver frame generation it's also interesting amd is implementing a feature to try and preserve image quality in fast camera movement. When you enable the driver frame generation, frame generation disabled itself when the camera is moving fast, so framerate goes down with fast camera movement but you get better quality. I like this it's a good idea

Last edited:
Soldato
I think AMD's frame gen with resolution set at native 1440p/4K will be the best way to use the technology for most gamers, e.g. no upscaling.

The trouble with upscaling is that the results will never be as good as native, combined with decent anti-aliasing (and sharpening if needed). Upscaling is only worth it if you can't get a consistent 60 in games.

I hope Hypr-RX allows frame gen with no upscaling to be enabled in DX11/12 games.

I wonder if frame generation will add to driver overheads, or driver delays?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom