• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD's FSR3 possibly next month ?

Associate
Yeah but large pockets of people hate upscaling because "DLSS BAD NVIDIA BAD" - That's what I was getting at :p They seldom mention AMD!
The cope in this is huge.

It's all bad, I've never seen any one praise fsr whilst stating dlss is worse then native which it is.

It's just doesn't need to be said.

But hey, your tax Dodged 4090 is serving you well.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I have been using DLSS since the RTX 2070 Super, and then on the 3080 Ti thanks very much, and yes modern DLSS at 3440x1440 or above does produce better than native results as demonstrated in plenty of games by many of us and outlets alike. But you keep convincing yourself that isn't the case because that's your belief or whatever.

Edit*
And tax dodge? Pull the other one, I use my GPU more for professional work than I do gaming, and I review games and tech for a living too, so my gaming is basically work in itself.

Fancy clutching at a few more straws so I can respond to those too? :p

Call the cope ambulance, but not for me.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes in non high-end games that is the case, but on games using lots of RT/PT, it's the opposite because weaker systems cannot maintain the baseline framerate to then achieve latency-free post-FG results.
that is true with ray tracing, luckily its not many titles for that, and full pt ones even fewer tho with that nvidia modding thing it could increase quickly.

Soldato
and yes modern DLSS at 3440x1440 or above does produce better than native results as demonstrated in plenty of games by many of us and outlets alike. But you keep convincing yourself that isn't the case because that's your belief or whatever.
There's outlets also stating native produces the best output-Hub, Daniel Owen, BFBgamer, DF's JL even discussed when DLSS breaks-I've upped the screen grabs you've seen them, you disagree and that's fine.

Point being you can disagree all you want, if you prefer/enjoy it fine, but enough of the definitives to stop the thread descending into chaos thanks.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Those outlets articles/videos are on old versions of DLSS not the latest. especially preset E, people keep referencing old information which no longer applies, also I did say plenty of games, not "all".

I could re-post comparisons back to back but countless threads have already had them so no need to clog this thread up with repeated (up to date) evidence, you either accept evidence or you don't, it is as simple as that.

Last edited:
Associate
I have been using DLSS since the RTX 2070 Super, and then on the 3080 Ti thanks very much, and yes modern DLSS at 3440x1440 or above does produce better than native results as demonstrated in plenty of games by many of us and outlets alike. But you keep convincing yourself that isn't the case because that's your belief or whatever.

Edit*
And tax dodge? Pull the other one, I use my GPU more for professional work than I do gaming, and I review games and tech for a living too, so my gaming is basically work in itself.

Fancy clutching at a few more straws so I can respond to those too? :p

Call the cope ambulance, but not for me.

The cope is dlss bad fsr good argument as you stated.

No one does that, you are just making stuff up here, people who state dlss bad also state all upscaling is bad.

For some reason there's a number of you that have this strange thinking that when some one doesn't like dlss, they don't like Nvidia solution but likes AMD? Can you elaborate your train of thought for this.

I called out dlss is bad whilst owning a 3070ti.

And yes that's tax dodging, if your GPU was the only thing tax Dodged but not the rest of the system ( assuming here) then it's a mix of personal and business.

At least state you have 1 system for business and other for personal.
(Off topic but you did state you would have only got the gpu via the tax reduction)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yes I do have more than one computer, my main rig is my gaming/editing rig, it's where all my work is done be it games or productivity - What is your point exactly? The only reason tax deduction came up in the past was in relation to the then current discussion about how people are buying such expensive GPUs - Within that specific context. You seem to be taking things out of context, what exactly was the point in even bringing it up here other than to try a chance at a gotcha or something?

The cope is dlss bad fsr good argument as you stated.
Incase you didn't read properly, I made that statement as a quote referencing what typically is seen on forums when talking about upscaling, and it's typically AMD users who do that. This very weekend I saw this exact same happen on the PCMR group, for example, so yes my view is based on observations of exactly what pockets of either side are actively saying. Whether you see it or not doesn't really matter, you can share your view, the rest of us share ours.

Last edited:
Soldato
There's outlets also stating native produces the best output-Hub, Daniel Owen, BFBgamer, DF's JL even discussed when DLSS breaks-I've upped the screen grabs you've seen them, you disagree and that's fine.

Point being you can disagree all you want, if you prefer/enjoy it fine, but enough of the definitives to stop the thread descending into chaos thanks.

Even with those tests,the same people pointed out that DLSS,XeSS,etc essentially bypasses the poor quality post-processing in a number of games,so why it makes sense to use it. TAA is just terrible - it seems a lot of companies haven't treated PC with the respect it deserved and just ported the console versions over. But at the same time you would think DLSS vs Native+DLAA,the latter would be a better choice if you can run it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Caporegime
V3Ruye3.gif

Soldato
Problem being @CAT-THE-FIFTH I can enable DLSS and decide for myself what provides the best overall output.

Iv'e been DLSS capable since it launched on my 2070, 3070, 3080 and now my 4070(I 'hate' Nv that much I keep buying them), from a performance and quality perspective-it's the market leader(although the comparative FSR gap has went from massive to not so much now with 3.1).

Talking overall DLSS quality, personally it still introduces too many motion artifacts, on QHD UW it isn't as noticeable due to a smaller but wider panel(that you can't focus completely on-so I get why other UW users don't/can't notice) but on 65" QD-Oled it's much more prominent due to a much larger panel that amplifies any artifacts-which I don't expect anyone to understand if they haven't used a panel that size.

Edit-I'm pretty sure (GFx Don)Armageus said that all talk of 'better than native' was to end anyway due to differing opinions on the matter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom