• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD's FSR3 possibly next month ?

Caporegime
Can't wait for the "dlss 3 is dead" posts and news articles! :D

Hopefully uptake in terms of speed for fsr 3 is a lot better than what fsr 2 was.

Soldato
There's a demo of forspoken available now with the latest patch adding FSR 3, from initial impressions it's good. From one user they said their FPS went from 58 to 154 on a 7900XT but didn't specify their graphics settings, I'm downloading the demo to see myself now.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Some people enjoy sprinkles with their dog poop.

z5GBnhQ.jpg

Associate
There's a demo of forspoken available now with the latest patch adding FSR 3, from initial impressions it's good. From one user they said their FPS went from 58 to 154 on a 7900XT but didn't specify their graphics settings, I'm downloading the demo to see myself now.

Will this work on a nVidia card or is it only AMD?

Caporegime
From a quick read on Reddit, so far results are promising (including from Nvidia users) so now the real question is, will this quality remain for titles outside of the PR showcases.... time will tell! Hopefully digital foundry will get their video out soon for proper tests/comparisons

Associate
That's one hefty demo.. 35GB! Going to give it a try on a 3080.

Associate
Will this work on a nVidia card or is it only AMD?
AMD has stated that their Radeon RX 5000 series (RDNA 1) and Nvidia’s GeForce RTX 20 (Turing) series will support FSR 3 and that they recommend using the feature with Radeon RX 6000 series (RDNA 2) and RTX 30 (Ampere) series GPUs. Older GPUs will support FSR 3’s upscaling component, but may not run well with FSR 3’s Frame Generation component."

Caporegime
Why would you want to use two upscaling technology's together ?

Fsr 3 is frame generation, the same as nvidias dlss 3, which is frame generation so it seems like amds frame generation is reliant on amds fsr 2 upscaling, either that or they are blocking it....

Back
Top Bottom