Andor (Star Wars)

Soldato
Episode 9 really starting to bring it together and develop a convincing narrative for the rebellion and motivations behind it - which was somewhat lacking in earlier episodes in a stand alone sense.

This is it. Someone mentioned a few pages back - previously what appeared to be almost pantomine like 'baddies' in the original movies has been layered and added to by Andor.

Associate
We know from Episode 7 that there are multiple prison planets. They’re probably just not supposed to send prisoners back to the same one twice and someone cocked up, sending that one prisoner back to Narkina and even into the same building

Soldato
That episode was brilliant.
Andy Serkis is one hell of an actor

The whole thing suddenly clicked with me. It's slowly turning into a Star Wars version of Game of Thrones with all the political stuff and backstabbing in the senate and imperial meetings trying to one-up each other. If they shift more into that type of show I think we could have a hit here.

Soldato
Moar lightsabers less emo
This.

TBH still not really feeling the love, it just doesn't seem like Star Wars to me - even more so than Mando or Obi Wan. More like a grungy dystopian Orwellian drama about a totalitarian society. Where are all the alien species, the emperor has been mentioned a few times but no references to the Jedi (that I've heard). I admit the prison concept and scenes are good and as mentioned Andy Serkis steals the show, but again to my knowledge there is no precedent for that sort of operation in anything that has gone before. Where is Vader, instead we get the ISB (another retcon?) and the alchemist guy from GOT running things?

Not saying it's bad and will keep watching until the end. Just needs more pzzazz and less like a BBC drama. Disney streaming outages don't help either, staring at a black screen for two minutes claiming there's a problem with your internet connection when the fault is at their end, waiting for it to resume.

Soldato
best star wars everrrr

ISB has been a thing for ages - White tunic guy on death start in ANH, featured in Clone wars and rebels series etc as well

I like that they are doing different things with different series, doesn't have to be all the same

i like this one

Caporegime
This.

TBH still not really feeling the love, it just doesn't seem like Star Wars to me - even more so than Mando or Obi Wan. More like a grungy dystopian Orwellian drama about a totalitarian society. Where are all the alien species, the emperor has been mentioned a few times but no references to the Jedi (that I've heard). I admit the prison concept and scenes are good and as mentioned Andy Serkis steals the show, but again to my knowledge there is no precedent for that sort of operation in anything that has gone before. Where is Vader, instead we get the ISB (another retcon?) and the alchemist guy from GOT running things?

Not saying it's bad and will keep watching until the end. Just needs more pzzazz and less like a BBC drama. Disney streaming outages don't help either, staring at a black screen for two minutes claiming there's a problem with your internet connection when the fault is at their end, waiting for it to resume.
Well considering the time frame the Jedi are all but extinct and hiding for their lives... It's about spot on.
For me the reason that you're not liking this is the exact reason I am :p
Mando and bobafett was/is enough of that 70s/80s star Wars. Both styles have their merits. This dark grim side of starwars is so refreshing for me.

Associate
Well considering the time frame the Jedi are all but extinct and hiding for their lives... It's about spot on.
For me the reason that you're not liking this is the exact reason I am :p
Mando and bobafett was/is enough of that 70s/80s star Wars. Both styles have their merits. This dark grim side of starwars is so refreshing for me.

I've had 40 years of starwars and I agree with you, only so many jumping ninja, double sabre, cgi characters that I can take.

Soldato
Just caught up to Episode 9 and wow this show has been brilliant. Ewan McGregor must be asking why he didn't get these show runners because ObiWan was so childish in comparison.

I love that the Empire is genuinely competent and threatening, a real spit in the eye to the sequel trilogy. The ISB supervisor is really well written and the actress gives all the right vibes for the part. I'm liking the Mon Mothma dawn of the rebellion arc too. It's slow but seeing snippets of how the rebellion starts and the cold logic of hard choices and sacrifices. Skarsgard is electric when he's on screen, either false bubbly or dark and hard and occasionally honest, brilliant.

I loved Mandolorian, Boba and Obi not so much mostly the writing wasn't quite as good as it needed to be, but this is head a shoulders above everything storywise. Mando goes for a really strong aesthetic around a basic well told serial. This is great, so pleased it got made and it makes most of the Phase 4 MCU TV shows look really weak in comparison. Whoever the writers and show runners here are they are doing a great job.

If this was Cinema Wins "Everything Great about Andor" Anton Lesser always gets a win. I love his portrayl as a thoughtful leader in the ISB rather than a pure martinent it plays into the whole the Empire is competent vibe so the good guys have to be good and ruthless too.

edit:typos

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just caught up to Episode 9 and wow this show has been brilliant. Ewan McGregor must be asking why he didn't these show runners because ObiWan was so childish in comparison.

I love that the Empire is genuinely competent and threatening, a real spit in the eye to the sequel trilogy. The ISB supervisor is really well written and the actress gives all the right vibes for the part. I'm liking the Mon Mothma dawn of the rebellion arc too. It's slow but seeing snippets of how the rebellion starts and the cold logic of hard choices and sacrifices. Skarsgard is electric when he's on screen, either false bubbly or dark and hard and occasionally honest, brilliant.

I loved Mandolorian, Boba and Obi not so much mostly the writing wasn't quite as good as it needed to be, but this is head a shoulders above everything storywise. Mando goes for a really strong aesthetic around a basic well told serial. This is great, so pleased it got made and it makes most of the Phase 4 MCU TV shows look really weak in comparison. Whoever the writers and show runners here are they are doing a great job.

If this was Cinema Wins "Everything Great about Andor" Anton Lesser always gets a win. I love his portrayl as a thoughtful leader in the ISB rather than a pure martinent it plays into the whole the Empire is competent vibe so the good guys have to be good and ruthless too.

This man/woman gets it. :D

Associate
Just caught up to Episode 9 and wow this show has been brilliant. Ewan McGregor must be asking why he didn't these show runners because ObiWan was so childish in comparison.

Completely agree with all of the above and couldn't of put it better myself.

Mando for me has been the best offering over boba and especially obi but Andor is terms of story and other parts is head and shoulders above the rest.

Back
Top Bottom