Annual clothing budget blown in a week.

Associate
Cheap Tshirts and jeans but I do like my trainers.
Being trim and wearing nicely fitting clothing looks better than gear plastered with designer logos imo. Although this is negated if you wear borderline skin-tight T-shirts.
My budget is as little as I can get away with. I have more than a few items getting on for a decade old.

Last edited:
Soldato
£100 pound per month... and I go way over it...
I have a wall to wall wardrobe full in the spare room, tubs of clothes in the loft and of course my wardrobe and double chest of draws in my bed room.

Silly thing is that have packs and packs of new socks and pants and for 5 days a week I don't tend to wear them. lol

Sad really when there are people out there who are desperate for clothes etc.

Why not give some to charity? Help others out? Its obvious you dont need all those clothes?

RxR

RxR

Soldato
Mebbe his hobby of naked abandon *is* buying clothes. Or he's a fan of Oscar Wilde ("Better to be overdressed than...).

Last edited:
Soldato

Why not give some to charity? Help others out? Its obvious you dont need all those clothes?

This is the same for pretty much every single person though, most people have cupboards and drawers full of clothes they don’t wear. Shoes they haven’t worn in years as well.

Soldato
Thought I would post in here, can anyone recommend some online stores for t-shirts.
I really struggle to find good quality ones at reasonable price, most I try the neck is very wide, which I hate, being quite slim I really dislike the t shirts with a large neck line. Same with the length, often they are too short, being tall.

Soldato
Thought I would post in here, can anyone recommend some online stores for t-shirts.
I really struggle to find good quality ones at reasonable price, most I try the neck is very wide, which I hate, being quite slim I really dislike the t shirts with a large neck line. Same with the length, often they are too short, being tall.

Smiths toy shop...look for the 'Action Man' range!

Caporegime
This is the same for pretty much every single person though, most people have cupboards and drawers full of clothes they don’t wear. Shoes they haven’t worn in years as well.

I've run out of space. I have some ancient tshirts I only wear around the house. Because I hate throwing things away.

I still have a couple of old work type proper shirts. I should probably chuck them in the charity bin.
I never wear formal clothes. I have 2 dark suits. But probably only need one for funerals. And one bright one for weddings.

Its always tshirt, trainers and chinos at the smartest! :D
On the rare occasion (valentines or something) I might wear a shirt.

I do find it really hard to throw things away

Last edited:
Soldato
I generally live in t-shirts and jeans. I stocked up on Wrangler jeans when I was in the US a couple of months ago - $20 ish a pair, bargain. I spent about $60-70 on t-shirts and jeans and that combined with the usual crap I get for xmas covers me for the year easily.

Soldato
I buy clothes as and when I see something I like at a price point I am prepared to pay for that type of item. This does mean I end up with way too many clothes and really do need to go through my draws and have a clear out of stuff I no longer wear as they either look old, too small/too big or just a change in fashion choice.

The one thing I do buy and keep stored are extra pairs of trainers I have bought that I like - I have 5 pairs of Nike Manoa's in black and tan in different levels of wear as they are just so comfortable.

Caporegime
I buy clothes as and when I see something I like at a price point I am prepared to pay for that type of item. This does mean I end up with way too many clothes and really do need to go through my draws and have a clear out of stuff I no longer wear as they either look old, too small/too big or just a change in fashion choice.

The one thing I do buy and keep stored are extra pairs of trainers I have bought that I like - I have 5 pairs of Nike Manoa's in black and tan in different levels of wear as they are just so comfortable.
Started buying multiples of trainers I like too.

Sometimes subsequent seasons have designs I just don't like at all

Caporegime
We get fairly regular charity bags through the door so it's easy to get rid of clothes. Got a stack here now waiting for the next one.

Given up on this.
Get bags delivered. But they never collect on day they say. End up taking a load when go to supermarket to on of the charity bins.

Need to make a run soon.

Associate
I don't have a budget per se but I am starting to care more about looking somewhat presentable, so I spend more than I used to. Probably around £300/year which still isn't much in the grand scheme of things.

Soldato

I do… I often have clear outs and take stuff to the charity shops, it’s just my comfort state to have lots of clothes and it gets filled up again.

It’s not as bad when you break down my wardrobe into segments.. I have hobbies that require different wardrobes.

I go hiking.. requiring fleeces, midlayers, under layers.

Gym/jogging… again under layers, running shorts and tops, rain layers.

Cycling… padded shorts, cycling shorts, hi viz tops.

Some of the stuff can be used crossed hobbies and are over a decade old. it only takes 2 or 3 specific outfits per hobby until your wardrobe starts to over fill. Apart from jogging stuff, which I admit I do have too much off but I go jogging nearly everyday and need to be able to do it for over a week in different weather without doing a laundry wash.

Then there’s the special events, like wedding suites. Clothes for work which needs to be professional and the clothes I actually wear when working from home or out and about.

The thing is that I probably have less of each type of item than most people.. like jeans.. but I have not only jeans which I like baggy, but jeans that’s are wearable with casual suit jackets, chinos, suit trousers, combats and jogging bottoms.

Soldato
Uniqlo or Muji? Plain t shirts… well more expensive than a lot of the stores but they last a hell lot longer.

I don’t mind buying the odd fun item from places like Zara, H&M or primark.. but I learnt that if you really like something from stores like them, you really want to buy it twice. They really do supply disposals “fashion”..

Associate
The thing that drives me crazy is trying to find T shirts / polo shirts that fit in the length. I have broad shoulders, but not a big frame, so usually wear a medium or small, and at only 5'7'', pretty much every T shirt I buy comes well below the crotch which just looks ridiculous.
Occasionally I find some online that fit well, but then they disappear.

I bought a small T shirt from john lewis the other week. Came half way down my thighs! I swear they have no clue how to create proper fitting clothes anymore. Just make everything super long for all body types.

I've never been into fashion. Never had the money for it growing up, now I just don't care. Buy stuff as an when needed.

Back
Top Bottom