Annual clothing budget blown in a week.

Soldato
£1,000 a month buying clothes?! Tell me there’s at least a Gucci belt in there.

I hadn't really bought much for just over a year and hadn't really updated that much since COVID, so have been making up for it.
I'll have to check my belt draw and let you know :cry::cry:

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I usually buy fewer things but try to buy quality stuff that lasts. Majority of the time I’m at home when I work so joggers and any T-shirt will do. But when I’m out I have some nice pieces. Mostly shop at Levi, All Saints and Abercrombie and Fitch. I also buy Nike stuff for my workout gear.

Yesterday I went clothes shopping to get some bits for summer/holiday. Think I spent about £90.

Last edited:
Soldato
I donated about half of my wardrobe a few months ago and just have stuff I actually like and wear. Couple of pairs of jeans, 8 tshirts ish, few jumpers and a few shirts.

Quite like it being minimal and only really buy well made but plain stuff. Trying to do 1 in 1 out so I don't buy loads a crap I wont wear. Just need to stop eyeing up Patagonia stuff now!

Caporegime
Spent £600 on new a new coat, shoes, trainers, jeans, trousers, shorts, t-shirts and hoodies a few months ago.

I don't buy clothes if they fit and don't have holes in them so the coat replaced the one I had from secondary school, the shoes and trainers because the soles were worn and the rest because I'm not a fatty now. First time buying anything other than socks, pants and shoes for 10+ years.

Soldato
Updated wardrobe this year and have spent just over £5000 since Jan, but that'll probably be it until Autumn, well apart from the DKNY boxers and socks yesterday :D

Am not old and have always enjoyed buying clothes.

I bought some DKNY trousers/chinos once... Never again, the quality was awful... The hems had stitching dropping out of them in no time.
I'm assuming they weren't fakes as I bought them from house of fraiser and they cost about £90.

They were a great fit but I don't think they lasted more than 6 months.

Absolute garbage.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Updated wardrobe this year and have spent just over £5000 since Jan, but that'll probably be it until Autumn, well apart from the DKNY boxers and socks yesterday :D

Am not old and have always enjoyed buying clothes.

I thought I'd spent a lot. I think I've spent over 2000. Probably under 3 but over 2.

Several hundred of that is on leggings!

And most is from outlet online shops!

Last edited:
Soldato
I bought some DKNY trousers/chinos once... Never again, the quality was awful... The hems had stitching dropping out of them in no time.
I'm assuming they weren't fakes as I bought them from house of fraiser and they cost about £90.

They were a great fit but I don't think they lasted more than 6 months.

Absolute garbage.
Not my usual and not one I usually go for, but visited a new area yesterday and decided to give them a try.
TBH I'm not overly impressed with the fitment, they will do for now, or until Autumn.

I thought I'd spent a lot. I think I've spent over 2000. Probably under 3 but over 2.

Several hundred of that is on leggings!

And most is from outlet online shops!

I was encouraged by the OH to finally spend a little and as I said above, it has been dry for a while, so a spend was due.
I've stopped for a while to work out if I should now be buying Autumn/Winter clothing, due to this poor Summer :(

Not so much leggings, but have spent out well on North Face, Under Armour and EA7

Caporegime
Not my usual and not one I usually go for, but visited a new area yesterday and decided to give them a try.
TBH I'm not overly impressed with the fitment, they will do for now, or until Autumn.

I was encouraged by the OH to finally spend a little and as I said above, it has been dry for a while, so a spend was due.
I've stopped for a while to work out if I should now be buying Autumn/Winter clothing, due to this poor Summer :(

Not so much leggings, but have spent out well on North Face, Under Armour and EA7

I hadn't spent much for years then I went crazy.
Hoka trainers, arc'teryx and rab mainly.
Really like Adidas 365 golf shorts for summer.
Oh and NB fashion trainers. I'm not a fan of Nike.

Not a big fan of north face since they got popular!

Edit.
No idea what EA7 is

Last edited:
Soldato
I hadn't spent much for years then I went crazy.
Hoka trainers, arc'teryx and rab mainly.
Really like Adidas 365 golf shorts for summer.
Oh and NB fashion trainers. I'm not a fan of Nike.

Not a big fan of north face since they got popular!

Edit.
No idea what EA7 is

The North Face range is so big, it is possible to buy what the average chav cannot.
Am a big fan of Adidas, Five Tens and Ride Concept when it comes to trainers.

EA7 is Armani, which I've been a fan of since buying a few pairs of their jeans. https://www.armani.com/en-gb/ea7

Soldato
Ea7 is basically a cheap version for people who can't afford Giorgio Armani clothes... Basically tracksuits and t-shirts for people who live on council estates.

And does a good job as a house wear item..

t62ePba.gif

Soldato
Don't spend that much any more, have some very nice clothing and footwear gathered in the past, so will likely never need to buy actual shoes just get them resoled. Tend to only buy outdoor gear these days, and again only when it is really needed, last thing I bought were some long cargo shorts for like £12 on the reduced rail. Think I must have spent less than £250 in the last 12 months, maybe a bit more.

I do like to have a poke around TK Maxx now and again for the odd interesting item (few and far between these days), and also love two local charity shops who always seems to have nice things in, but they are in relevantly affluent areas so that might explain why. Don't really do designer labels since I was in my 20's and used to work on a street full of high fashion shops, and when you know the margins being made on the labels then you just realise what a clown you have to be to pay it.

Back
Top Bottom