• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

Soldato
I mean disapointing is of course relative, they're far better than NV's mid range crapola.

Look at the 4070ti - so bad they named it twice!

4070ti, 4070, 4060ti, 4060 - all absolute and utter dog****! Worse even than that 10GB/12GB 3080 they had the audacity to sell last gen.

You have to keep some perspective.

Edit: How on earth could I have forgotten the 4080?

:D

I thought the 3080 was one of the better Nvidia releases with its previous gen uplift and pricing and how close it was to the 3090 for much less

It's not exactly aging any worse than the 6800xt 3 years on , how I see it when it is a factor both won't have the GPU grunt anyway look at both 4K don't have the GPU grunt

Soldato
Exactly, AMD giving people the exact same GPU performance 3 years later for $150 less, and they think they are getting a "good deal", lord have mercy, I am a salesman and most of the people around here sound like an EASY payday....

The 7800xt is a Navi 32 chip so judge it on Navi 22 performance which was the 6700xt and pretend it has the correct name of 7700xt. The 6700xt was RRP $480 and this is $500 so with inflation about correct. The 6800xt was big Navi being Navi 21 so it's real successor is the 7900xt. The name is all that is stopping people seeing this for a good card and the best priced card on launch this Gen. If you know of a better price/performance card this gen please let us know as all releases have been utter trash due to pricing which is not really the case here. I seen a good few cards at £480 with good coolers on them.

Soldato
The name is all that is stopping people seeing this for a good card and the best priced card on launch this Gen.
The name set peoples expectations and what they thought will or should happen didn't, yes in terms of cost per frame it's a good card and the best price but people were expecting a better card for a good price and they didn't get that.

TBH I'm half expecting a 7800 XTX with 72 CU's next year.

Soldato
The name set peoples expectations and what they thought will or should happen didn't, yes in terms of cost per frame it's a good card and the best price but people were expecting a better card for a good price and they didn't get that.

TBH I'm half expecting a 7800 XTX with 72 CU's next year.
Yea but on this forum we all knew what we were going to get for a while now due to knowing the spec and comparing it to the top AMD cards so it should be no surprise. If a 7800xtx does appear it will most likely be on Navi 31 and cut down like the 7900 GRE which performance wise does sit in between the 7800xt and 7900xt.

Associate
The 7800xt is a Navi 32 chip so judge it on Navi 22 performance which was the 6700xt and pretend it has the correct name of 7700xt. The 6700xt was RRP $480 and this is $500 so with inflation about correct. The 6800xt was big Navi being Navi 21 so it's real successor is the 7900xt. The name is all that is stopping people seeing this for a good card and the best priced card on launch this Gen. If you know of a better price/performance card this gen please let us know as all releases have been utter trash due to pricing which is not really the case here. I seen a good few cards at £480 with good coolers on them.
AMD decided to name it the 7800XT, meaning its meant to be an upgrade to the 6800XT, its not, simple as that.

RDNA3 is a massive fail generation.

I will NEVER be hyped again for any AMD GPU release, 100% scepticism until an AMD release is proven a genuine, solid upgrade. If a card is not an upgrade from the previous gen, same tier card it replaces, its by default a failed product, in this case its rather a scam/con, as technically the product works, its just named and priced in the wrong tier.

Stop making excuses. Do you work for AMD, do they pay you well?

Last edited:
Soldato
AMD decided to name it the 7800XT, meaning its meant to be an upgrade to the 6800XT, its not, simple as that.

I will NEVER be hyped again for any AMD GPU release, 100% scepticism until an AMD release is proven a genuine, solid upgrade. If a card is not an upgrade from the previous gen, same tier card it replaces, its by default a failed product, in this case its rather a scam/con, as technically the product works, its just named and priced in the wrong tier.

No i just never fell for the name due to the spec unlike yourself. Applied a bit of common sense like most around here we knew the 7800xt was already released in the form of the 7900xt. You seem angry man, time to chill it's only a graphics card.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yea but on this forum we all knew what we were going to get for a while now due to knowing the spec and comparing it to the top AMD cards so it should be no surprise. If a 7800xtx does appear it will most likely be on Navi 31 and cut down like the 7900 GRE which performance wise does sit in between the 7800xt and 7900xt.
I didn't say it was a surprise. :confused: I said people were expecting one thing and got another.

Associate

Nvidia's far far worse this gen.

Soldato
Nvidia's far far worse this gen.

Doesn't really take much effort to offer something better than Nvidia
At this stage I don't think they care to sell any , just have low volume for some mugs and save the wafars for AI

Sad state we're in when this is considered now good , £150 less for similar performance 3 years ago

Last edited:
Soldato
I didn't say it was a surprise. :confused: I said people were expecting one thing and got another.
Why were they though as once AMD released the spec and being a Navi32 chip it was never going to be much faster if any than the 6800xt. I get that AMD should have named this 7700xt but they didn't as they decided to call the real 7800xt the 7900xt. It's a bs move i know but you get Navi 32 for a similar price to Navi 22 which as far as i can see if about the only release so far that has done this.

Nvidia didn't even bother changing names they just moved the pricing up and went here is your dinner now eat it and a lot of people did.

Last edited:
Soldato
No i just never fell for the name due to the spec unlike yourself. Applied a bit of common sense like most around here we knew the 7800xt was already released in the form of the 7900xt. You seem angry man, time to chill it's only a graphics card.
I find that hard to believe, if you never 'fell' for the names then why not call the GPU with 32 CU's a 7950XTX? Why not call the GPU with 96 CU's a 6555 XT?

Saying you never 'fell' for the names seems a bit like you're saying names don't matter and if names don't matter then why do companies give them name?
Why were they though as once AMD released the spec and being a Navi32 chip it was never going to be much faster if any than the 6800xt. I get that AMD should have named this 7700xt but they didn't as like Nvidia they moved all cards up a tier. It's a bs move i know but you get Navi 32 for a similar price to Navi 22 which as far as i can see if about the only release so far that has done this.
Because that's what names are for, companies give things names because they know it sets expectations. What you're essentially saying is that words don't matter, that everyone can just use whatever word they want to describe anything they want. That they can call that thing with four wheels that goes brum, brum, a banana because names don't matter.

Associate
Nvidia is just greedy, AMD are stupid, they don't want to grow their business. They literally push people to either just end up buying Nvidia or wait for new gen....

They do not want to grow their GPU market share...

I don't care about their market share though, and neither do they, but they don't really push anyone to buy Nvidia at all. There's plenty of choice, do you want to overpay for shiny puddles and low VRAM? buy Nvidia, do you prefer cheaper raster perfomance? Buy AMD.

There's a very clear choice all the way down the stack excepting the 4090, and IMO AMD win every single tier and price-point hands down.

So, with that in mind, and a clear choice and a clear differenetial in product feature sets. What do 90% of people buy?

NVIDIA.

;)

Last edited:
Soldato
I find that hard to believe, if you never 'fell' for the names then why not call the GPU with 32 CU's a 7950XTX? Why not call the GPU with 96 CU's a 6555 XT?

Saying you never 'fell' for the names seems a bit like you're saying names don't matter and if names don't matter then why do companies give them name?

Because that's what names are for, companies give things names because they know it sets expectations. What you're essentially saying is that words don't matter, that everyone can just use whatever word they want to describe anything they want. That they can call that thing with four wheels that goes brum, brum, a banana because names don't matter.

Few guys in here just want to know what the price and performance is as once it's in your computer do you talk to it by name or play games. Here's the performance and here is the price. I know how fast it is there is reviews out there now so either buy or don't the name changes nothing.

Soldato
Few guys in here just want to know what the price and performance is as once it's in your computer do you talk to it by name or play games. Here's the performance and here is the price. I know how fast it is there is reviews out there now so either buy or don't the name changes nothing.
The name sets expectations, it matters. If it didn't they wouldn't have names. :rolleyes:

Soldato

I actually look at the names be it phones, CPUs etc and see what the uplift is and price from it's previous gen

Surprised they decided to call it the 7800xt usually you get bigger uplift while price stays similar

Last edited:
Soldato
The name sets expectations, it matters. If it didn't they wouldn't have names. :rolleyes:

So you expected to much of the mid end chip. You can't blame me for following the forums, websites and knowing it was not a real 7800xt. That's on you for raising your hopes up in the worst time ever to want cheap fast cards. Been around here to long to get the hopes up especially as of late.

Soldato
I actually look at the names be it phones, CPUs etc and see what the uplift is and price from it's previous gen

Surprised they decided to call it the 6800xt usually you get bigger uplift while price stays similar
Of course names are needed as you couldn't do the research. What i am saying is if you are stuck between a 4060 ti 16gb and a 7800xt and see that the xt wipes the floor with it does it bother you that it's called 7800xt. From a business point of view AMD have been shady doing this. If they called it 7700xt its still going to be the same speed and price along with whooping the 4060ti 16gb that was also $500 rrp.

Back
Top Bottom