• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

7800XT prices up again lol How come other places are cheaper? Even with delivery costs.

I'll most likely be buying elsewhere when i do upgrade.. OcUK babble on about being cheaper but right now they're far from it and Gibbo is silent.

I guess OcUK dont want my money this time around, like the last time around.

Ikr, someone earlier trying to tell me that prices go up only because of exchange rates...

:cry:

There's nothing worth reading, it's the same surface level understanding of business practices that proves only that you can read and regurgitate information, but also shows you have no idea how the world actually works.

I am enjoying the irony :cry:
You chose to refuse a very straight forward point about minor but pervasive short-medium term price fluctuations that will be happening now in the UK absent actual pricing moves by supply chain players, what the consumer can expect and how to avoid having your hopes needlessly dashed, just so you can scratch an itch getting your rocks off on a anti-capitalist tirade.

The 'depth' that you allege is just bitterly throwing talking points articulated better by many others on the forum and elsewhere, about some of the absurdities behind current PC component pricing. Welcome to 2022 when it was actually news, we're now someways into 2023.

Ikr, someone earlier trying to tell me that prices go up only because of exchange rates...

:cry:

Yeah, it was you, you are the only one to make the claim. :cry:

Reading comprehension failure may actually be one of your strengths, truly the 'pinnacle' of something at least!

Lol at ocuk prices for that Nitro. Do yourself a favour and get it much cheaper elsewhere like I did.
Couldn't see it 'much' cheaper at the usual suspects. I suppose that's relative to what you're willing to pay.
I'm glad I got a XFX Merc last week at a smidge over OEM msrp

Depending on where you look, the mood music (guesswork) says the GBP/USD will return anywhere to ~1.25-1.3 by the end of the year. If you want to wait a whole quarter to save £30 you go for it. That being said, once the Starfield tax is no longer a thing, they may drop a few quid. Cant see that happening as demand is high

May not be the exchange rate, alone, forcing prices up, but the AIB's.

After the previous dud releases, by AMD and Nvidia, saw AIB's stuck with cards they cannot sell, so set the 7800XT as low as they could, but it's success has seen them, probably want to cash in, on the demand, so have raised there prices, forgetting the price was a major factor in it selling out.

On the bright side the 7700XT's pricing no longer looks as stupid.

image.png

When are stock levels of the 7xxc cards likely to improve as from what I’ve seen the options are a bit limited?
Or is it, the slump in sales has turned manufacturers away from their usual wide offering’s?
Thanks

May not be the exchange rate, alone, forcing prices up, but the AIB's.

After the previous dud releases, by AMD and Nvidia, saw AIB's stuck with cards they cannot sell, so set the 7800XT as low as they could, but it's success has seen them, probably want to cash in, on the demand, so have raised there prices, forgetting the price was a major factor in it selling out.

On the bright side the 7700XT's pricing no longer looks as stupid.
There is a massive variation in prices across suppliers, which are usually only a few ££ difference usually.
Are some suppliers getting huge discounts from suppliers to push their cards?
This is similar with CPUs, and second hand prices on certain auction sites are selling sometimes more than you can get new.

I’ve not seen this before, the market seems very odd

There is a massive variation in prices across suppliers, which are usually only a few ££ difference usually.
Are some suppliers getting huge discounts from suppliers to push their cards?
This is similar with CPUs, and second hand prices on certain auction sites are selling sometimes more than you can get new.

I’ve not seen this before, the market seems very odd
Could also be a cash flow thing. Some may need to shift items faster to keep the money coming in.

Back
Top Bottom