• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

May wait for Black Friday, I can live on the ****** IGPU for a while longer.
Why not, I've been living on a cheap AIB for 3-4 year now. I'd be using the IGPU if i had one. The way i see it is until a company can offer me something of *value I'll just not bother with gaming on a PC.

*Spending the same amount of money on a GPU as it cost to buy a console when the experience is no better is not value IMO, there needs to be a compelling reason to buy a GPU instead of a console.

It's not me who's loosing out as I'm not fussed if i play a game on release or ten years from now (TBH playing older games is better IMO what with the amount of bugs fixed by various patches). If the manufactures and game developers don't want my money that's fine with me.

Which features you thinking of? The initial hot off the press FSR3 and frame gen results are very promising. You might want to reevaluate.

Well, off the top of my head, DLSS provides better image quality than FSR, my monitor has a GSync module which I feel is slightly better than Freesync, the 4070 has better ray tracing performance, lower power usage and nVidia's ray reconstruction is pretty cool.

I tried FSR3 last night and was impressed.

Over the course of a year I would probably save more than £35 in electricity using a 4070 over a 7800xt making the 7800xt at it's current price more expensive than the 4070.

It just doesn't make sense really. The 7800xt needs to be about £100 cheaper than the 4070 before I stop considering the 4070.

The prices went up after launch. They were available for less up until a week or 2 ago.

That's not really my point.

The 7900 XT was at £899 for MBA and more for non-MBA for more than £900 for ages.

The 4070 Ti AIB cards were actually available at £799-£829 and sweeped up.

The 7900 XTX also spent ages at well £1050+ allowing the 4080 a chance for sales it should never have got.

The 7700 XT at £449+ is going against the 4060 Ti. The 7700 XT should be sweeping up, but it wont at that price.

Last edited:
Checked AMD's site and selling the 7800XT, at £488, though out of stock, so it appears it maybe the AIB's, more than the exchange rate or retailers, pushing up the price.

Except for one fundamental flaw 12 GB memory

This performance class of cards gaming at 1440p or 4k with upscaling means the 4gb difference makes little difference bar some edge cases. I game at 4k with dlss and see no vram issues on a 4070, you can do the same with the 7800xt but fsr image quality is not a patch on dlss. So the consumer can choose between better image quality or more vram they will never likely see the benefit of .

Last edited:
Like the entire NV stack since launch then...

If only that was seated in reality. Nvidia have had plenty of stock, and have hit or gone below MSRP.

Only the 7900 xtx shows up on steam hardware survey (0.23%), and it should have been on terms with the 4080 (0.53%), given it was supposed to be $200 and £200 cheaper. The 4090 is on 0.78% ans 4070 Ti on 0.83%.

Instead of deflecting, AMD and people should ask themselves why that happened. How did they miss the boat earlier in the year, and are the same things playing out today.

No one should be able to question a card coming out half a year after its competitor of not having better value. The 7800 XT should be obviously better value than the 4070. AMD should support that price with enough stock so retailers don't charge a bit below 4070 prices.

Last edited:
If only that was seated in reality. Nvidia have had plenty of stock, and have hit or gone below MSRP.

Only the 7900 xtx shows up on steam hardware survey (0.23%), and it should have been on terms with the 4080 (0.53%), given it was supposed to be $200 and £200 cheaper. The 4090 is on 0.78% ans 4070 Ti on 0.83%.

Instead of deflecting, AMD and people should ask themselves why that happened. How did they miss the boat earlier in the year, and are the same things playing out today.

Who is talking about stock?

Who is talking about stock?

The only plausible reason AMD prices are above MSRP is because there isn't stock flooding the market. That was true of the 7900 XT and XTX, which failed to capture a large market. Retailers were sitting on prices £50-£100 above MSRP for AMD cards on launch.

Last edited:
The only plausible reason AMD prices are above MSRP is because there isn't stock flooding the market. That was true of the 7900 XT and XTX, which failed to capture a large market.

That and retailer scalping.

But I wasn't talking about stock, I was talking about price, in response to the comment about the 7900XT being over-priced.

None of this really affects the price I buy at though, as I have a number for a card and buy it when it hits that number.

Back
Top Bottom